Marshall COMMITTEDDDD!!!!!! *
by brianant (2019-04-17 21:23:00)

This user did not provide content for this post

First 6'5" player in over 10 years.
by cbiebel  (2019-04-19 04:32:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe that the last one ND had was Melissa D'Amico who graduated in 2008.

And Who Currently Is An Asst. Coach at Wake Forest...
by dillon77  (2019-04-19 09:46:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...after a stint at Yale.

Along the lines of another of your posts, she's also another New Yorker! Long Islander, if memory holds.

Woo To The Hoo! Nat for the Naty.
by PWK2  (2019-04-18 14:41:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

6'5", 6'10" with the hair.

For those who've seen her play.
by HolyCrossHog  (2019-04-18 10:45:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are there any concerns about a 6'5" player averaging 13 points and 7 rebounds. I know she has defensive skills too. Are her teammates that good that they take away her scoring and rebounding opportunities? Are her opponents that tough or are they triple teaming her? Is she highly ranked based on potential and not her current production? Does anyone project her to average 15-18 points and 10 rebounds a game in college.

I love the pickup and trust MM and her team, so these aren't criticisms, just questions.

Christ the King is absolutely stacked
by Orangutan  (2019-04-18 11:08:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kaelynn Satterfield is a Ohio State commit ranked #39 in the class of 2019 by ESPN.

Nina Rickards is a 2019 Florida commit (#85 ranked).

Klarke Sconiers is a 2019 Minnesota commit.

Khadija Demry is a 2019 commit to North Carolina Central.

So that's 4 seniors that are all going to D-1 schools and 3 of them going to P5 programs.

I watched several clips/games of Christ the King last night. They really share the ball offensively. Also, Sconiers is a beast down low at the high school level. She soaks up the rebounds and low post buckets you might expect from a highly-ranked 6-5 recruit.

Marshall often operates off the perimeter offensively. What's exciting about her is that she looks very comfortable driving to the hoop and shooting long jumpers. Her faceup game is excellent for 6-5. But she's not always under the hoop to snare rebounds and get putbacks.

It's a matter of context, if she was playing in rural Virginia like Sam B. she would probably put up 30 and 15 every night.

See the link for extended highlights of CtK vs. Ossining in the NY State Federation championship game. Marshall is 21 in yellow.

Thanks. She is a very good passer, runs very well.
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-04-18 14:52:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One more year will help round out her game. Very excited to have her join us!

Exciting game....thx for the highlights.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-18 13:58:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. Great info. *
by HolyCrossHog  (2019-04-18 13:06:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Skinny not
by NOBBYDOMER  (2019-04-18 11:57:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For a 6’5” Junior, I thought she had an athletic build. Strong legs. Clearly she’llget Stronger senior year and at ND. The senior center was much thicker.

Completely Agree....
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 11:24:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and will add one caveat. In the latter part of the season, CTK had a number of injuries and Marshall stepped up her game in some key match-ups.
In particular, she planted herself in the middle of defense and was the main cog.

What I think we'll see is an agile presence on offense who then will add traditional elements of blocking, weak-side defense and rebounding on defense.

CTK was stacked this year, as key rival The Mary Louis Academy was two years ago when Dani Paterson and Jordan Nixon were there. That was one tough league they played in (Emily Engstler was in that league, too).

two very tall & very talented players
by ram  (2019-04-18 11:17:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the same HS team along with a highly rated 6' wing, 5'10" PG

4.2 blocks and 3.8 assists *
by ram  (2019-04-18 11:06:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very Glad to Update the Update! *
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 09:37:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fabulous! Welcome to our family, Nat! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-04-18 09:24:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonderful....And another Brooklyn player to root for.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-18 09:15:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If nothing else, she has the most awesome smile
by NDoggie78  (2019-04-18 08:54:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her photos effuse joy

Oh Hell Yes!!! *
by Jon  (2019-04-18 00:37:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Super!
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-04-17 23:23:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's a quick article on the commitment.

Her Tweet
by RISteve  (2019-04-17 22:29:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link, below

Great photo with 2 girls "Who will have to get new shirts" *
by NDoggie78  (2019-04-18 08:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The "Clare we did it!" quote in her commitment tweet refers
by MPG  (2019-04-17 23:00:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to former Christ The King and BC star Clare Droesch who died last year from breast cancer at the age of 36. Clare was apparently an assistant at CTK and a major influence on Nat Marshall. ND has added another bright and caring young woman to the team and the University!

She Has Been Consistent About That....
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 09:36:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in all forms of media, including having a picture of Clare as her main pic for years. At first, it threw me when going to her site...

...the devotion is touching, perhaps even more given that her committing fell during this week. Thanks for the explanation....

Jordan, Danielle C., Sam, Destinee and Alli All Chime In...
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 08:38:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

....via twitter. Great to see. (Alli's linked below)

Jordan and Nat know each other well from the Catholic leagues in NYC: Jordan (and Dani P's The Mary Louis Academy) and Nat's Christ the King.

The Irish will have three NYC girls on the roster in 2020: Dani P. and Nat from Brooklyn (although both went to HS in Queens) and Jordan from Harlem (who went to HS in both the Bronx and Queens).

And Danielle C. is not far away, from Suffolk County in Long Island.

Forget the cheesesteak, let's have bagels in the morning and dogs at night.

What Give Up Cheesesteaks. That is Like Asking Me
by hempfield75  (2019-04-19 01:40:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to give up breathing. I can handle dogs and bagels. But you are asking
a Pennsylvanian for the ultimate sacrifice.

Do New Yorkers give up Hoagies??

Good or bad news to come. I like the idea that Clark is still keeping
in touch with the New York Hit Squad.

... I also really like the idea that Jordan is also in on the hit parade.
Would she be considered the god mother. But seriously, I really like it
that she is rebounding from what she may consider a subpar performance.
I call it learning at a very difficult pace. Her NY roots will show
next year. Another thing on her side is reinforcements from her NY past.
They will all be in enforce to give her support. I think that is very
important for a young woman so far from home. You also have to add in the
talk all over the place about the incoming freshman and the recruits they
are going after. It will either bring out the best or worse in her. I am
banking on best. She is a New Yorker and has a lot to prove. Dani showed
signs this year. I am also beating on you will see the best in another
New Yorker.

...As mentioned before I am from PA. We do not exactly do cart wheels
with New Yorkers. However, over the years I have gotten to know a lot
of people from NY. Outside getting on my nerves. The 2 things I have
seen in every New Yorker is they are tough and proud. They will not
except losing, unless your from ST. Johns. That is why I am going to
Vegas on Dani and Jordan. Actually, I am not. I just want my point
to be known how much I believe in those 2 players. I put Mik in there
also. Because she is a Philly girl. Now they do not get any tougher or
determined or proud.

SEG/Chief

P.S. I have to put NJ in the same boat with PA and NY. Although half
of the state can not figure if they are part of NY and the other half
thinks they are from Philly.

Deja Kelly retweeted the commitment tweet last night. I am
by MPG  (2019-04-18 10:07:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

beginning to sense that Kelly is an ND lean. Caitlin Clark noted Parrish's commitment to Oregon and the collapse of the Notre Dame Cathedral roof. Throughout the season I watched for Caitlin to visit ND, but she never appeared and now I wonder if this perfect match is ever going to happen.

Just seems a bit odd
by joeyt28  (2019-04-18 10:53:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clark seems like the ideal ND recruit. I guess kudos to ND for broadening recruiting. Been doing well of late with PA and NY which are a bit outside the usual Midwest network. And, now, potentially (again) Texas.

ND has more fans in NY/Pa then in Midwest states.....
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-18 15:33:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember Lou from BGI telling me that those states led in
BGI subscriptions. So no surprise at all that MM is re-
cruiting well there now....Incidentally, when I say NY I
include NJ as well....

Irish Fans in PA
by hempfield75  (2019-04-19 02:05:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I grew up in rural Lancaster County PA. Bout 70 miles west of Philly.
We still have to look on the map to find Pittsburgh. But you were
either a Nittany Lion or Irish fan. I decided to go the Irish rout.

...For those of you weak on PA recruiting in all sports. Notre Dame
has a very strong recruiting history in PA. It is kinda funny how
normally the sports work out. The football team gets a lot of PA
players from the PGH Western PA area. Basketball gets more of the
Philly or Eastern PA players.

...Now Ms Campbell kinda through that stereotype out the window. Being
about a hour east of PGH.But for the good I must say. PA Mountain
athletes a tough, smart and loyal. I have been to Altoona, many times
in my youth. I have family in Latrobe and have been there many times. I
also use to live in Johnstown PA.

...If there are History Buffs out there. You want some sad reading on
a very proud and determined town. Look up Johnstown, PA in wikipedia.
You will find very few towns snake bitten like Johnstown, but they
have preserved. They are prime example of proud, tough, and determined
Pennsylvanians.

SEG/Chief

I hate Johnstown. They are the reason I pay an extra
by ksqdomer  (2019-04-22 17:55:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

18% on my booze.

That may be the case, but ...
by CJC  (2019-04-18 17:22:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't necessarily draw that conclusion from BGI subscriptions.

Historically, Chicago newspapers have provided much greater coverage of Notre Dame football than New York papers; accordingly, Notre Dame fans in Chicago were less likely to have to rely upon BGI or other subscription services, potentially skewing the subscription numbers in favor of New York and other more remote locales.

It's been a long time since I've seen data from Notre Dame's alumni association (or admissions, for that matter) that would shed more light on geographic distribution of Notre Dame students and alumni.

I Think it is Safe to Say There All Over the US snd
by hempfield75  (2019-04-19 02:11:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

World. Chicago is just a tad closer.

SEG/Chief

No doubt Chicago is a ND hotspot....
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-18 18:39:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was in a sporting goods store in Chicago last summer and I
couldn't find a ND hat amongst the universities available. I
asked a clerk if they had ND hats and she laughed. "They have
their own section," she said. "Two aisles down."
Only the NY Times covers ND in NY these days. The Daily News
is a rag and occassionally the NY Post will cover a game.

Maybe MM & Niele Are Picking Up on Something...
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 11:16:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and protecting ND's overall interests and needs by searching for and developing other options.

Youre'right -- on paper and tape, Caitlin Clark (CC) looks like the perfect ND prospect and MM has put time, effort and miles into this. But MPG has noted that there have no been trips to ND by CC this year and Orangutan, in particular, notes most of CC's social media tends toward Oregon. In newspaper articles, I've noted several references to Iowa schools, with some reference to "national" schools.

That said, Clark could be keeping all this close to the vest and who knows how phone conversations have gone. She still could declare for ND...after all, she said she intends to have a decision made by summer's end.

But I think Deja Kelly being considered is protecting the team's flanks. And while Kelly is not viewed as highly by services as CC, she is a noted enough talent to have firm interest by schools like Oregon (again), Duke and others. Good field general who can also look for her shot.

Got no issue with this...after getting caught last year at the witching hour with their pockets and options empty (see Aliyah Boston and Hayley Jones who waited until the last possible moment to announce their choices), it looks like there are firm options in place.

For what it's worth, a growing "gut" thought in my brain says that if CC goes elsewhere and Kelly comes here, don't be surprised if a second Westbeld comes to campus.

Good points
by joeyt28  (2019-04-18 11:40:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Westbeld seems also to be or one or "should" be an ND lean. Need to start winning not only the leans but also a surprise or two.

What Constitutes A "Surprise" To You?
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 12:20:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's an intriguing concept...

- A prospect that people have not heard of?
(I think in this day and age of social media, it's hard not to see who coaches are interacting with...)

- Someone affiliated with multiple schools?
(Based on what I think you're saying, Aliyah Boston choosing South Carolina over ND and virtual hometown favorite, UConn, would fall in that catgory)

In looking at ND's verbal commitments:
- Alli Campbell was interested in ND, but was something of a pleasant surprise from a process standpoint by committing so early. That helps not only to have a bird in hand, but with planning down the road.
- Nat Marshall. Had a finalist list of a lot of the usual suspects, but it looked like it got down to Stanford and ND. So were in a good place, but Stanford's been on a roll. But we won that, so that's a good, solid win.

I'd put Caitlin Clark in the same place: has visited Oregon schools, very familiar with Iowa schools and there's ND. But that's a tough competition. In the past, perhaps the Catholic background would, should, to the trick but this does not seem to the case.

And Maddy Westbeld strikes me as not necessarily being a top-line option but is moving up the list as things fall out. The trouble is sometimes those kinds of players find other ports of call. I'll bet MPG would agree with me that post/forward Naz Hillmon might've been one of those when she went to Michigan.

So, I'm interested in what you're thinking of. Enjoy the give and take. Thanks.

surprise
by joeyt28  (2019-04-18 13:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Someone you thought was leaning or going elsewhere, only to pick ND. I'd put Kelly in this category if she ends up committing (but seems less highly regarded than Clark).

For example, while I'm excited about Marshall, the buzz was she was probably an ND lean, especially after Stanford got filled up. I'd put Westbeld here too. Same with Brunelle and Peoples.

Yes, your Boston example works well. I'd probably put Briana Turner in this category, too. Jenna Brown would fit the surprise, at least for me, although she eventually de-committed.

Happy to be wrong about this, but it seems like ND tends to get most of the players they "should" (Skylar, Jewell, Jackie, Ali, Taya) but misses out on a couple more who seems like "should" go versus the surprises we end up getting. Of course, MM and staff are experts at developing talent.

Thanks...Get Where You're Coming From
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 13:35:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most of the "should" prospects you cite I totally agree with.
But sometimes the staff makes sure they get to that classification: Campbell might be a case in point. Scrawny 5'9" PG comes to Recruitapalooza and loves the place/staff/other possible teammates. MM and Niele have her back for virtually private camps. They kinda sealed the deal that way.

Dani Patterson was down to ND, UVA and Tennessee and many in Knoxville thought she was a Vol, given her love for Parker and a positive visit.
Maybe not the surprise you're looking at, but a good get.

It will be interesting to see where the next surprise situation comes up.
Getting a Cook to transfer? Fudd?

Fudd
by joeyt28  (2019-04-18 14:10:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting: When Sam committed and she was there I would have thought Fudd was an ND lean. Now with Paige to UConn, who knows. She's clearly a national top prospect, and ND is due for a win with such a person after some close misses with Cox, Walker, Westbrook, etc. of late.

Thank you for that explanation. *
by 2Domer  (2019-04-17 23:22:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, thank you again. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-04-18 09:06:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is really great! Irish going for the gusto!
by Dave Winkler  (2019-04-17 22:43:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe some local guys could get in the kitchen and fix her some cheese burgers.

Forget the Cheeseburgers Going for Gold Philly Cheese
by hempfield75  (2019-04-17 23:31:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Steaks.

SEG/Chief

Yes!!! *
by RISteve  (2019-04-17 22:24:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awesome
by tedstheman  (2019-04-17 22:08:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get Clark and Westbeld to go with her and Campbell and the future looks bright.

Marshall
by hempfield75  (2019-04-17 23:24:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just what the doctor ordered. Get JOB STAFF. Cograts and welcome aboard
Ms Marshall. You decided on the Midwest 40 year plan. Great Job. Great
choice.

...I have seen talk any where from a 4 to a 6 player class. I would
for sure go after Westbeld and Clark. I than think it would be between
Cook and Watson. Do not believe Clark would be qualifications for a
waiver. So MM, is it the 4 year start from scratch or you know what your
getting in a 2 year plan. Or do you go with the 6 player class and
take both Cook and Watson. Nice things to ponder. One thing is for
sure. Would not have to worry about recruiting posts for awhile.

...How about this for a 1 year starting 5 Mik, Sam, Campbell/Westbeld,
Marshall and Cook. If you have to put them in position here we go at
PG Campbell/Westbeld, SG Sam, Wing Marshall, HP Cook,
and LP Mik.

...Your bench would be Peoples, Gilbert, Walker, Clark and Fudd.

...Finally, our 2 walk ons would be Reynolds and Kelly

...The only prob with this class would be some would forget about
graduation and a couple would have to leave high school early. But it
is doable.

Take Care Have Fun Thanks

SEG/Chief

Peoples won't be spending too much time on the bench..... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-18 09:02:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Aw Chief, Don't Forget Abby....
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 08:33:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a guy who has spent most of his b-ball life playing the way she does, there's a place on the floor for doing all the things that don't end up in the scoresheet...

Just kidding, but she'll be on the floor at certain crunch times. Believe it.

Thanks Dillon
by hempfield75  (2019-04-18 13:33:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is what this post is all about. Having Fun. In the future my teams
will surely have an Abby on the team. How could I have forgotten. I also
was not the worlds gifted athlete. I relied on heart, desire, smarts,
and reading keys. Do not get my wrong. If an someone wanted to go at
it. I was not backing down.

I was playing in this one football game. Me and this one guy for almost
a quarter were really going at it. Neither of us backing down. Good 1 on 1
battle on the line. Next thing I know the whistle goes off and the flag
is in the air. The ref pulled us together and told us to knock it off. Next
time we were both gone from the game. My only penalty.

Just thought I would really that short personal story.

Thanks

SEG/Chief

You Got Lost in the Moment!
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 13:44:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..one penalty in a career. I can't admit to that singular record, I must say.

This is all in good fun. And picking up the services of Destinee and Nat in one week makes it even more fun!

Hard to Top That. Oh Forgot COOKS COME ON DOWN *
by hempfield75  (2019-04-18 13:50:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fudd would never be on anyone's bench. *
by Dennis  (2019-04-18 00:01:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed! *
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-04-18 00:06:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saw on Twitter Fudd tore her ACL and MCL.
by ndbutch  (2019-04-18 07:44:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish her a speedy recovery. Damn shame. 3x3 Tournament.

Good lord how awful. God speed a total recovery. *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-18 09:33:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My choices would be Clark and Watson *
by Dave Winkler  (2019-04-17 22:45:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most likely?
by joeyt28  (2019-04-17 23:49:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have to think Westbeld is most likely. Clark should be a get given proximity and Catholicism. Would be a blow if went to Iowa or Oregon. With so many top Midwest 2020 recruits would be a little embarrassing not to at least get one or two.

Maybe.
by ndbutch  (2019-04-18 16:57:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But watch Muffet McGraws Twitter and potential recruits she follows. It's a little different than NDWBB and the assistant coaches. Of course she follows recruits committed to ND. There seems to be a pecking order with uncommitted recruits though. She, or whomever maintains her account, will almost immediately drop those who choose to go elsewhere. Except for 3 young ladies ND was involved with but who never visited. Christyn Williams(UConn), Jaden Owens (UCLA) and Nalyssa Smith (Baylor).

Not scientific by any means but interesting.

clark is my top choice left-she has Marina attitude with
by DBCSMITH  (2019-04-17 23:07:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lloyd/young skills (at the high school level). she is Jackie's size, deadly outside shot and that Nasty attitude. She would win any stare down contest. I think this brings an intensity that opponents will not enjoy nor their fans.

That would be a good combo, although Kelly and Cooks the
by MPG  (2019-04-17 22:49:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MSU transfer would be another good way to complete the 2020 entering group.

So As Not to Embarass Myself More Than I have to *
by hempfield75  (2019-04-17 23:34:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is her name Cook or Cooks...Thanks

SEG/Chief

Sidney Cooks.
by dillon77  (2019-04-18 08:45:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's her bio from Michigan State.

With Marshall aboard (whew, we needed that), adding one other big to team with her would be great. Would be ecstatic if we had either Kylee Watson from the HS ranks or Sidney Cooks from the transfer circuit.

It's doubtful Cooks would get a waiver passed (no coaching change and/or personal upheaval that we can ascertain), so she'd start with the Irish (2020) when Marshall would. As would Watson.

Sidney Cooks
by hempfield75  (2019-04-18 13:48:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Love her bio. Seems like a MM type of player. How did she slip past us?
Love her high school to a hight school in South Bend. Really liked her
photo with the closed fists. Cooks, Marshall and or Watson seems like
a night mare for coaches going against ND if this happens. I think
we will get one of the 2 in Watson and or Cooks. Could you immagine
having all 3 for 2 years. Add in Mik for 1 year. For sure a new offense
developed by MM and coaches. Would love to see it.

...I thought so, she would not be able to get a waiver. But heck, the
following year we would be set a post for 2 years.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Now I am off to see the doctors.
I would rather face Willis Reid one on one. Guess who would win that one.

SEG/Chief

I certainly would not be upset with that *
by Dave Winkler  (2019-04-17 23:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go Irish!!!
by Mike  (2019-04-17 21:29:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

Yaaaasssss!! Welcome!! *
by Goirish01  (2019-04-17 22:09:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post