Maybe MM & Niele Are Picking Up on Something...
by dillon77 (2019-04-18 11:16:36)
Edited on 2019-04-18 11:29:44

In reply to: Just seems a bit odd  posted by joeyt28

...and protecting ND's overall interests and needs by searching for and developing other options.

Youre'right -- on paper and tape, Caitlin Clark (CC) looks like the perfect ND prospect and MM has put time, effort and miles into this. But MPG has noted that there have no been trips to ND by CC this year and Orangutan, in particular, notes most of CC's social media tends toward Oregon. In newspaper articles, I've noted several references to Iowa schools, with some reference to "national" schools.

That said, Clark could be keeping all this close to the vest and who knows how phone conversations have gone. She still could declare for ND...after all, she said she intends to have a decision made by summer's end.

But I think Deja Kelly being considered is protecting the team's flanks. And while Kelly is not viewed as highly by services as CC, she is a noted enough talent to have firm interest by schools like Oregon (again), Duke and others. Good field general who can also look for her shot.

Got no issue with this...after getting caught last year at the witching hour with their pockets and options empty (see Aliyah Boston and Hayley Jones who waited until the last possible moment to announce their choices), it looks like there are firm options in place.

For what it's worth, a growing "gut" thought in my brain says that if CC goes elsewhere and Kelly comes here, don't be surprised if a second Westbeld comes to campus.

Replies: