It is time for Jordan Nixon to take over.
by sixtythreer (2019-04-20 23:08:26)

I don't think she will let us overlook her.

Coming in, the "experts" raved about her.

On three occasions, Olson at HoopGurlz wrote glowingly:

"Explosively athletic lead-guard with 1 on 1 creativity; playground creator, court awareness, passes with flair; a shot maker off the dribble, collapses the defense, rises and delivers in the key; developing deep threat game consistency; crafty, shifty, tough to contain; an elite back court prospect in the class of 2018."

"Athletic combo-guard with quick 1st-step attack, flair off the bounce; deep range threat complemented by mid-range game delivery; handles and dishes in uptempo."

"Strong, athletic lead-guard with a scorer's mentality; smooth off the dribble, manufactures plays to the arc; delivers in transition; handles and passes with playground creativity."

Muffet and Neile must have seen the same thing.

I'm betting that Jordan will add a little muscle, grab the point, and refuse to give it back.

Agree. Hoping she can get on the court this year
by IrishfaninTX  (2019-04-21 00:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the injuries plus adjusting to college speed had her over thinking a lot this year. She looked unsure and nervous. But I can tell she is a baller and believe she'll play a bigger role this year. I would like a starting 5 of Gilbert, People's, Nixon, Vaughn, and either Abby or Sam depending if we go big or small. With a lot of Dani mixed in.

my thoughts on Nixon
by MackyBoy  (2019-04-22 04:30:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just my opinion, but I think Anaya People's will end up at PG this upcoming season and Nixon coming off the bench but getting many more minutes of playing time. She needs to work on her ball handling and her speed and agility. She is a half-step too slow. With that said, I think she has a ton of potential and a lot of hard work and she will be a hell of a player in a couple more years.

I tend to agree with your assessment of Nixon's play.
by SBSwarm  (2019-04-21 06:22:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whether it was insecurity or nervousness, Jordan did not play with the intensity or "sense of urgency" required on the defensive end. And, it seemed like the staff lost confidence in her because of it.

If we could just give some of what Rudy, uh, I mean Abby has to other members of the squad...