ESPN’s ‘Way Too Early’ Top 25 for 2019-20
by RISteve (2019-04-22 13:07:34)

Oregon and Baylor on top. NDWBB lands at 17.

Link, below

Can’t argue with the top 3. *
by Domer65  (2019-04-22 15:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not sure
by BB Junky  (2019-04-22 15:12:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this team should even be ranked to start. With the loss of Paterson means the young ones will really have to play a lot. I think we are on a 2 year rebuilding cycle. Very hard to lose so much in one year on top of the transfers. Difficult, when the coaching staff probably has a 3-4 year plan in advance on player development. Several girls on this team just are not ready to play yet. No fault of their own.

Interesting, Mike Brey and MM are kind of in the same place

MM is in a better place than MB,imo. *
by nd67  (2019-04-22 16:05:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is and she should be by a long shot all things
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-22 20:49:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

considered.

Can’t argue with the top 3. *
by Domer65  (2019-04-22 15:03:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to imagine 3 ACC teams ahead of Muffet, especially
by Domerduck  (2019-04-22 14:13:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since 2 of them are coached by men. She hasn't let anyone else win a conference straight out since Geno back in the old Big East days. PAC12 looks scary good with 3 teams in the top 6 and I think they are all tough + 16th ranked UCLA and 19th ranked ASU. The other 7 teams are all tough especially Arizona who won the NIT and most of their players including their point guard star McDonald are all returning.

25th ranked NC State still may be a sleeper in the ACC and it's hard to write off Miami even with the loss of some big players. I still think Creme overrates the SEC with 6 teams in the top 25. We will see how Tennessee does with a new coach or how theother teams all bounce back after completely missing out of the Final 4 for the first time in a while.

I guess the good news...
by DavidAddison  (2019-04-22 17:47:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that (unless the Louisville transfers get immediate eligibility to reload) just about every top ACC team from last year was hit with key graduation losses. Not as many as ours, but to potentially give us a shot.

Next year a Sweet 16 birth would be pretty satisfying and an Elite 8 would be incredible, given our personnel losses.

Help me understand what you mean with ...
by CJC  (2019-04-22 16:18:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"... since 2 of them are coached by men."

I agree with much of what Muffet has said about women and opportunities in athletics and in leadership beyond athletics.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with how next year's team will fare in the ACC or otherwise.

The only team to defeat Notre Dame in the ACC tournament was coached by a man. Obviously, Geno Auriemma has won far more than he's lost against Muffet. So you can't mean to suggest that male coaches are incapable of defeating Muffet, can you?

Or do you think that given her strong feelings about opportunities for women, she coaches harder or better against men than she does against women?

Help me here.

Just think she'll pull one out and her crusade only helps. *
by Domerduck  (2019-04-22 22:28:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What crusade is that? *
by Slotts  (2019-04-23 09:15:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t think it matters what Muffet thinks next season
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-22 20:54:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With all the turnover her team is not intimidating anyone unless she gets immediate transfer help.

What a lazy thumbnail sketch of our team.
by SorinBasement  (2019-04-22 13:51:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Creme declares that Nixon, Gilbert and Cosgrove will start, while making no mention of Vaughn, Patterson or our incoming freshmen.

Peoples might see more action than anyone on the team.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-22 19:26:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we will be Top 10.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-22 13:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post