Bad news - Patterson requested her release to transfer
by Orangutan (2019-04-22 14:37:04)

Derrick Mullen (@HoopsKing1968 on twitter) is a pretty reliable source.

He's a New York City guy that is followed by Danielle on twitter and had all the scoops on her recruitment.

Maybe Muffet can somehow do what Staley did with Herbert-Harrigan and persuade her to stay.

I really thought she would flourish next year with all the playing time that is going to be available.

Transfers
by Joeyt28  (2019-04-22 21:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lost 3 players last three years. Love MM as much as anyone but wonder if tough love approach may not always be ideal.

According to WBB Blog ~ 90 P5 players have transferred
by Raoul  (2019-04-22 22:41:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

each of the last 2 years. So the average P5 school is losing over 1.5 players a year in WBB. It is what it is.

Maybe if gave more playing time during the year. But she likes to focus on a narrow group and it works.

Don't like the 'please stay' approach. God speed. Adios.
by Jon  (2019-04-22 18:44:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Best of luck. We'll survive.

there was something in common with all the starters -
by DBCSMITH  (2019-04-22 18:27:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they were aggressive and ready to battle. there is something in common with the tranfers, they were good players but not aggressive and real battlers - more finesse than tough. I think that tells you what Muffet gravitates toward and away from. Novosel, prohoska, diggens, mcbride,lloyd, maybres. jess, turners, ivey, morgan, riley, westbeld, siemen, hainey, ratay, batteast, bustamonte, allen, cable, huffman, braker, achonwa, peters, etc. were all tough, stick your nose in the middle of the fray and go at it players. that is what muffet thrives on. I think sam and peoples will be perfect fits.

I was surprised, but not shocked. Muffet had just
by MPG  (2019-04-22 18:17:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

given Dani the most improved player award on award night and praised her work ethic. I thought that next year would be her year to recreate her TMLA magic with Jordan Nixon. On the other hand, her sophomore year stats were almost identical to her freshman stats.

Not surprised
by Macthefirst  (2019-04-23 06:34:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Re: Dani leav8ng

Here is my post from March 27

Danny is the answer. This year she has been greatly antimadated by not being a starter.
She appears to be constantly looking to the bench where she hears criticism. When she gets the opportunity to play without fear you will see the star she will become.

Currently Dannny appears to be looking over her shoulder to much. When she plays comfortAble she glides with All American talent she possess. IMHO

Go for it You know you are good release your talents Daniel Patterson.

Can’t blame her for leaving. ND coaches should watch the films on Dani’s expressions when she got in , looking back at the bench barking at her

So You Also Saw It. She Was Not Playing Timid Because
by hempfield75  (2019-04-23 18:04:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She did not know what she was doing or lack of confidence. She was
constantly looking over her shoulder.

We need to learn through our mistakes is all I will say.

Good Post Concur with it.

SEG/Chief

Quite frankly, I am not surprised.
by RISteve  (2019-04-22 15:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No

Her body language never seemed right to me, unfortunately. The shame if it was she paid her dues and would have. seen significant playing time the next two years. A big loss.

Agree. Something was going on during the season.
by drmurray  (2019-04-22 17:21:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She should have received much more PT.

Too bad. I think she will be very good.

We shall see
by maverick  (2019-04-22 21:06:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bottom line is when the time came for her to step up in the 19/20 season, she bailed

Dani Patterson Possible Transfer
by hempfield75  (2019-04-22 23:52:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will only say this. There is 2 sides to every coin. When Dani played. She
played pretty good. Considering the minimum time she saw the court in 2
years. Mistakes that Dani made did not lead to a ND loss.

...What ever happens to Dani, stay or transfer. I will support her. I
just hope she makes the best decision that is for her not everyone else.

SEG/Chief

Wow, Huge Blow To Post Rotation *
by savr27  (2019-04-22 15:19:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very surprising. She'll get so much playing time next year.
by goirish01  (2019-04-22 15:05:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And seems to love her Film and TV major. Perhaps there is more to this and she needs to be closer to home. Hopefully Muffet can convince her to stay!

Is that Muffet's MO?
by NDLAW88  (2019-04-22 15:44:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't see her as the "please don't leave me" type. More like, "don't let the screen door hit you." Maybe (pure speculation) whatever "it" was that kept her off the court is what's now feeding her decision to transfer. Commitment to doing things the coaches way? Belief in herself or what the coaches are asking of her?

Or Something Else.....
by dillon77  (2019-04-22 16:58:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps she didn't like/do well with the way the message is delivered. MM would often be pretty demonstrative with Dani in on-court instructions.
Not Izzo-like, but getting the point across. Some players are fine with that. Others, not so much. Who knows?

Or, as others have suggested, there could be something else to this. But she seemed to like the major, liked the spiritual nature of ND.

Whatever led to this must've been brewing over the lid, because there were some good chances for Dani to help be a major part of the meal next year.

Whew...times, they are a changing.

Think you might be onto something....
by Wolfetone  (2019-04-22 18:54:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also noticed how MM chewed into Danielle on the court and she would
become quite tentative in her play. Danielle never seemed to respond
with better play.