Congrats to Niele and Jaden on Jaden's commitment to Purdue! (link)
by Orangutan (2019-04-24 16:32:41)

Would have loved to root for him at ND
by Murcer68  (2019-04-24 17:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I'm very happy for him and will for the first time in my life be paying attention to Purdue men's basketball.

Hmm...I guess I don’t understand.
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-25 10:34:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just can’t make the leap to being interested in or rooting for a player who did not choose ND men’s basketball regardless of the family connections. Not that I wish him ill in any way, but I approach ND teams of all sports as a family and my loyalty lies with all of them. I feel the same about those who transfer. No animosity, but they’re not part of the family anymore and my total support lies with those that are here.

That's funny because I don't understand the obsession with
by Murcer68  (2019-04-25 18:55:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

women like Patterson, Boley, Reimer, etc who leave the team, and yet they are talked about on this board as much as the players who are on the NDWBB team. So I agree with you there.

On the other hand, in my view, Niele's family is our family. I want Niele to be happy, so I'm rooting for her only child to be successful.

I totally agree *
by maverick  (2019-04-25 12:11:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonder what this means for NI
by joeyt28  (2019-04-24 16:38:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had sort of hoped Jaden would attend ND for many reasons, including potentially keeping Niele closer to campus in the future.

Murphy McGraw went to IU. *
by T-Bone  (2019-04-25 13:24:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

IMO, Think Jayden Probably Wants To Get Away From His
by savr27  (2019-04-24 16:49:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mom’s shadow as Asst Coach at ND. He probably wants to create his own path somewhere else and Purdue is one heck of a basketball program - West Lafayette is close by - good luck to The young man

And it is time for her to spread her wings
by Raoul  (2019-04-24 21:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is ready to do more. She should look for a chance to be a HC. He will be gone to Purdue in the summer next year I assume. Perfect time for her next April to get her own HC gig.