There are 200 minutes of playing time in a game.
by sixtythreer (2019-04-26 16:59:14)

In reply to: Dani  posted by hempfield75

Dani played 10.6 minutes per game, or slightly more than 1/20th of the available minutes.

She averaged 2.9 points per game. If all her team mates averaged 2.9 points per 10 minutes of playing time, the team would score an average 58 points per game.

Dani averaged 1.5 rebounds per game. If all her team mates averaged 1.5 rebounds per game,
the team would have gotten 30 rebounds per game.

Teams that average 58 points and 30 rebounds a game tend to lose.

Whether Dani stays with ND or transfers, she needs to bring "more" to the table. Abby wasn't a great scorer, but it is clear to everybody why Coach had her on the floor as much as she did.

I like Dani. I like her shot. I like her size. I think she can guard a lot of opposing players. I hope she stays. But if she wants more floor time, she will have to give her coach, Muffet or her new coach, "more" of something that the coach wants.

I am sure Muffet did not bring Dani to ND to have her play 10 minutes a game, or to have her warm
the bench. And I believe Muffet plays the players that she believes will give ND the best chance at winning.

Whether Dani goes or stays, she will have to demonsrtate to her coach that she belongs on the floor for more minutes.

I hope she stays and proves to Muffet that she deserves heavy minutes.

Replies: