Abby and Jordan to attend USA U19 trials
by Orangutan (2019-05-01 15:37:46)
Edited on 2019-05-01 15:39:44

These are trials to pick the team that will play for the US in the U19 World Cup competition in Bangkok in July.

Trials will take place May 16-19 and the World Cup will be held July 20-28.

You may recall that Abby and Jordan made last summer's U18 team but chose to go on ND's European trip instead of playing on the team.

Anaya did play on that U18 team but she will not be at the trials. Nor will Sam, who played on the U17 team. I suspect that they chose to spend their summers focusing on hitting the ground running with ND (or maybe they have summer classes that conflict?). I'd be shocked if they weren't invited.

Interesting. Go Abby and Jordan!
by dillon77  (2019-05-02 09:28:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I checked the summer session schedule and it runs mid-June through the championships so school/ball do overlap. However, wouldn't Abby and Jordan be taking courses as well? That said, if Abby or Jordan make the team perhaps arrangements can be made for that last week.

Maybe the thought is for incoming frosh to hit the books and the gym hard. And since Abby and Jordan gave up their spots last year, maybe there's some quid pro quo?

In any case, congrats for being invited to try out.

usa trials
by traditionnevergraduates  (2019-05-02 14:05:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jordan?

And Your Question/Point Is? *
by dillon77  (2019-05-02 14:14:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post