Kylee Watson will take an official visit to ND in June
by SB Jimbo (2019-05-01 21:15:23)

How Tall Is Kylee? I’ve Seen Anything From 6-02 to 6-04 *
by savr27  (2019-05-02 22:19:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

USA Basketball Lists Her Height at 6'4"
by dillon77  (2019-05-03 08:08:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and many of us tend to go with the National Team Height. Hoopgurlz and/or Prospects Nation can sometimes be a little behind on certain items (PN had Alli Campbell as 5'9" for years after she'd grown.)

Here's a very un-scientific take:
I saw her play this year and went down to the gym floor while she was warming up. I'm 6'2" in my basketball sneakers and she was taller than me. Perhaps not as tall as my 6'4" brother, but closer to him than me.

She uses that height well.

Westbeld
by joeyt28  (2019-05-02 13:32:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems like one of those "should" recruits I spoke about earlier. Watson might be more of a reach. One or both seem really critical and also hopefully likely.

Good news and straight from the young lady herself
by Orangutan  (2019-05-01 22:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's nice to not have to guess at these things.

Yes, Good To Hear. Been to Oregon, Then UCLA, Then ND
by dillon77  (2019-05-02 06:19:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Possible two other OV's on top of those (you're allowed five) and wants to make a decision by July.

She's unoffically visited all these schools, so these are revisits of a sort.

Summer school will probably be in session when she comes so there will be other team members around (Sam, Anaya). And she plays AAU ball with Alli Campbell, an ND verbal commit, so that's a good thing.

Her posting of this video is interesting from a personal perspective. I'd just checked her site before writing about her in the previous update and that was nowhere to be found! Glad to update the post and update!
Time for the "cross fingers and think good thoughts" a month in advance.

That said, I wonder if anyone will visit this weekend?

Has Westheld Been Offered.
by hempfield75  (2019-05-02 08:42:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has all the possible visitors, i.e. Kelly, Watson, Westbeld been offered.
If Watson commits. I do not see MM still going after Cooks, do you?

SEG/Chief

That's a Good Question
by dillon77  (2019-05-02 10:16:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm certainly not privvy to who has been offered or not offered. Given how many offers these top prospects receive (look at the smile on Watson's face when asked how many she has), you'd have to assume everyone in the top tier of ND's reach either does or is on the precipice thereof. But you never know...some teams keep regular contact with a prospect and only make the offer after an official visit (or very intense unofficial visit for certain prospects).

As for Maddy Westbeld, the ND-Kettering connection is established, but this one seems pretty under the radar. Not sure what the ND brass pecking order is or how deep it goes. Personally would love to have another Westbeld in the 'bend, but we'll have to see what plays out.

As for Watson-Cooks: well, we know Watson is coming in June. Will Cooks show up this weekend? Later? The longer we hear crickets on that front, the more I'm thinking emphasis is on a HS prospect, such as Watson and/or Westbeld. Either/both would be great addition(s). Stay tuned.

Perfect example of where MM should take one more
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-02 12:20:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than the 11-12 person roster she usually wants. I have been an advocate for a slightly bigger roster (injuries & transfers last few years have left us short). I think Maddy Westbeld would be a contributing player okay with biding her time on the bench. She may not be as highly ranked as others, but probably least likely to transfer.

Rankings
by Orangutan  (2019-05-02 12:58:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, she's ranked #45 on ESPN. Then again, they don't even spell her name properly.

She's also ranked #23 by Prospects Nation. Kat was ranked #33 by PN, as a comparison. Kylee Watson is ranked #17 on PN. Nat Marshall #16. Alli Campbell #26.

Bluestar has her a little lower - #39

Will be interesting to see where she is when ESPN reshuffles. But she's not far off where our other targets our rankings-wise.

Thanks for the info. MM is Doing a Good Job in MakinG Me
by hempfield75  (2019-05-02 11:32:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

feel double my current age.

...If Watson commits I just can not see taking another Post. We would
going from one extreme to another.

...Now what would be really interesting. If Cooks comes this weekend and
commits. Than what do you do about watson? Trade a 4 year for a 2?

...Taking both Watson and Cooks I think would push Westweld out the door.
Just would not be a place for her. Nice problem to have though. Good luck
to us on the recruiting front.

SEG/Chief

The only thing definitive I remember on Maddy
by Orangutan  (2019-05-02 11:29:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that someone asked Kathryn on social media (instagram, I think) whether Maddy would go to ND.

Kat's reply was something to the effect of she hasn't decided yet but "ND is on her list". That was months ago, though.

Found a post on twitter that says Tennessee, Ohio State, and Maryland watched her last weekend at the Clash AAU tournament. They didn't mention ND, but the NDWBB twitter said the Irish would be at the Clash, too.

On a Thread a Long, Long Time Ago...
by dillon77  (2019-05-02 12:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I once posted a video interview that took place after a tourney that was based in Ohio and Maddy herself said that ND was a school she would be considering. That was even longer ago than that Kat Westbeld post, but who is to say anything has changed.

Regarding Cincinnati, Maddy is listed as a tall wing. Maybe Beth went to that tournament. Seemed like most of the other 2020 prospects were at Boo Williams in Va.

Watson is The Key
by hempfield75  (2019-05-02 11:47:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really believe Watson is the Key. If Watson commits is she a 4 or 5. Than
what do you do with Sam? Move her to 3 with Campbell.

...With Watson I can not see further pursuing Cooks. To many bodies not
enough minutes.

...Lets just say Cooks, Watson and Mannie commit. For 1 year our 3 through
5 would be:

Mik, Watson, Nat, Cooks, Sam, Campbell, and Mannie. Not enough minutes to
spread around.

SEG/Chief

Are we even recruiting Cooks?
by Orangutan  (2019-05-02 13:08:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have seen no clear info that she is going to visit us or is considering ND at all.

This whole "what if every single player we are considering commits to us?" scenario is often discussed and NEVER happens in reality.

I say recruit Watson and Westbeld both hard and be pleased if you are fortunate enough to get either...

Or fortunate enough to get both
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-03 08:24:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope it's not an either/or situation and we make room for both. We have the roster spots

That is A Good Question
by hempfield75  (2019-05-02 17:21:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also have not seen any confirmed mutual interest between ND and Cooks.
I have just been going with the flow of the board with her

...I agree with you. Go after Watson and Westbeld hard. Sometimes good
things happen to those who are patient. Maybe we end up with both. Cross
your fingers.

SEG/Chief