TN's Mimi Collins Enters Transfer Portal; Played With Vaughn
by dillon77 (2019-05-03 10:13:01)
Edited on 2019-05-03 11:45:24

..for one year at Paul VI High School.

- Rated #9 Prospects Nation, #49 ESPN Hoopgurlz. The 6-foot-3 forward from Waldorf, Maryland, is a former McDonald's All-American.

- According the linked article below, Collins averaged 5.5 points, 3.4 rebounds and 14.5 minutes for Tennessee as a freshman this past season. She started the final four games of the year and averaged 9 points and 2.3 rebounds during that stretch.

In the few games I watched her, I thought she had an eye for the ball and was certainly very athletic for her size.

- She's only a freshman so would have three years of eligibility.
Where ever she transfers, you'd think she'd put in for a wavier to play immediately given the coaching change. Plus, she seems like she'd get a positive review from the TN. administration for meeting with the coach after the switch. (The "blessings" from former schools are viewed as a positive who look for NCAA "white smoke" on these waivers.)

- MM, Niele and/or Carol must've seen her while taking in Mik Vaughn during high school. And it would only take a chat with Mik to see if she could fit in with ND's current squad. Plus, Sam would probably know her, too, given how often Brunelle came up to the DC area.

Since we've heard crickets in regards to Cooks, perhaps this is another option.

(Tip of the hat to posters at the 'yard for some information, including, or course, the intrepid Orangutan.)

A more athletic version of Alexis Jennings from S. Carolina
by Goirish01  (2019-05-03 14:43:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would love to see her at ND under Coach Owens tutelage!

While we were not among Mimi's finalists, Muffet did
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-05-03 13:01:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

attend her games to evaluate her even before Vaughn transferred to Paul VI High School. So Muffet probably has a connection with her.

Amira was ranked 72nd by Blue Star, which is way off. I was impressed by her play and think she would be a true asset who would be especially helpful next season.

Summary of her ratings:

HG 49th
PN 9th
BS 72nd
ASGR: 37th

I think Mimi is far better than her ratings. Only PN nailed her rating, in my opinion.

Thanks for the update. Freudian slip last sentence? Haha *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-05-03 11:02:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Touche! You Might Have Something There....
by dillon77  (2019-05-03 11:50:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...the fangs have gotten a little sharper after two years of semi-final losses to the Irish.

Collins is interesting. She had a bunch of other finalists, none of which were called Notre Dame. Maybe the viewpoints on both sides have changed.
Maybe not.

Have to say, I am very interested in Watson coming out in June. Speaking of connections (direct or indirect) to Vaughn, both Watson and Mik have played for the Philly Blue Belles (as has Alli Campbell). Something about Watson's game and attitude seems right. We'll see if it's tight, soon enough.

Woould you be ecstatic if we could land Clark & Watson? *
by maverick  (2019-05-03 13:32:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sure. But I Tend To Look at Individual Cases...
by dillon77  (2019-05-03 15:27:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...because the prospects sure are looking at the decision in that vein and I think most successful programs do, too.

Watson is not as highly rated as Marshall is, but she once was and the fact that Oregon, UCLA, Duke, Florida, etc. are all after her tells one she's a bona fide D1/P5 prospect. I think she can help us (and anyone for that matter).

Clark is, to use the ultimate lingo, the truth. She comes to campus and you get her on the court...point guard, off guard, combo guard, who cares. She's that good. (Bueckers will have the same effect.)

So, I'm crossing the proverbial fingers here for each one of them.
Looks like the decision on Watson will come first.

(BTW, will also be paying attention to what, if anything, happens with Mimi Collins. If there is any kind of mutual interest, she's a keeper. And we'd get her for three years.)

Thanks & I agree *
by maverick  (2019-05-03 15:42:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post