Back in the USA: Recruiting Thoughts
by MPG (2019-05-06 15:53:59)
Edited on 2019-05-06 15:55:28

After spending time in France and not finding any potential post players, I have returned home to find some recruiting news and notes. Here are my reactions:

If Mimi Collins is interested in ND and is able to obtain immediate eligibility, then that would be the way to add the needed immediate front court help.

The Kylee Watson timeline is great for her and ND with a June OV and a July decision announcement. By the time she visits, the transfer picture will have settled itself and she'll know what the roster looks like for the near term and ND will know how desperate they are for another forward in 2020.

I had been hoping that there would be news on Sidney Cooks or possible additional transfers from UNC. Instead, I had to read about Connecticut adding a Polish shooting guard for 2019, a Serbian point guard for 2020, and a grad transfer at the Collier position.

Courtney Banghart seems to be a reasonable choice to replace Hatchell at UNC. I guess that will eliminate any talk of Bailey transferring or Mutumbo de-committing.

I have seen some recent video clips of Caitlin Clark playing AAU ball and they seem to emphasize her playmaking. She keeps her recruitment as veiled as ND does its overall recruiting. Maybe that's another reason that she and ND would be a good match!

I was glad to see that Katie Cole has earned her just reward for her contributions to the program. She and Mik Vaughn are likely to be captains for the upcoming season, although Destinee Walker is the most experienced player on the roster. She has played only 30+ minutes during the past two seasons and missed the last ten games of her sophomore year.

ND has its final exams this week and the summer session begins in mid-June with Sam and Anaya on hand.

Is there anything else that I missed?

Replies: