Back at 'ya...
by dillon77 (2019-05-08 08:54:26)

In reply to: Niele and Jaden  posted by hempfield75

-- I have not read/processed the information on Jaden wanting to get out of the Niele shadow, but that makes sense. On the other hand, if the Purdue job opens up, it would be a very good one: the school cares about it's women's team. And as a new coach, she'd be busy as heck, going here, there and everywhere so the shadow would be dispersed.

-- That said, at this juncture, I'm not sure Niele is going anywhere.

-- In regards to PSU, I don't think it was the shadow of Rene Portland that hindered Coquese Washington. It was an inability to bring in and/or keep quality players after the Maggie Lucas era, which brought her far into the NCAA tourney. Coquese just wasn't keeping up in the talent wars, particularly after Maryland got into the B1G.

- Following MM will be a challenge, but I think everything is in place to make it more of a continuation, as opposed to a restart. That's why I'm certain -- barring a major tremor in the sporsaphere -- the successor will come from a very close knit group of Irish-related players/coaches. For starters, look no further than who else is on the bench and the former point guard up at Marquette.

Replies: