Chutes and Ladders in 2020
by dillon77 (2019-05-09 15:13:03)

In reply to: Relevant rankings  posted by Orangutan

Positives:

- Watson went up 12 spots to 18. At one point, she'd been there and then fell back, only to come back up again.

- Westbeld flew up from #45 to 30.

- Madison Hayes went from #50 to 24, a jump of 26 places. Now we have not heard much about Hayes and ND in quite some time. Still, that's quite a jump and her being on the 3x3 winning team probably had a lot to do with it.

Negatives

- Marshall dropping from 12 to 35. Some have postured that some of this has to do with Nat's potential vs. actual performance, but I'll submit that her work on Christ the King was pretty darned impressive in helping to win a state title. When numerous other D1 talents were out with injuries, Marshall did what she had to do.

In any case, I'm still overjoyed that she's committed and will make a fine addition to this team. Would love to have Watson join her.

- After some early write-ups, I have no idea if Westchester (NY) product Sonia Citron is on ND's radar, but she's gone from unranked to #20 in Hoopgurlz. Tall guard who can stroke it.

- Indy's Ari Wiggins went up from #23 to #18 and got some nice write-ups for her work at the Boo Williams tourney.

Update

- I've updated the HG rankings in the report (see above).