Sidney Cooks Transfers to Mississippi State
by dillon77 (2019-05-14 10:15:59)
Edited on 2019-05-14 10:30:49

Vic Schaefer continues to bring in quality transfers to keep Mississippi State University (MSU) ready to roll. If and when she's eligible, Cooks will play alongside transfers Promise Taylor (Mississippi) and Andrea Espinoza-Hunter (UConn), as well as incoming high schoolers Rickea Jackson, from Michigan.

So, that potential forward evidently didn't get past first base in regards to ND. Wonder if there's anything different with Mimi Collins or if the article with Muffet posted yesterday was referring to all transfer forward possibilities, not just grad. transfers?

p.s. Small point that may only interest me, but Ms. Cooks has just transferred from one MSU to another. No need to change letterhead, just the colors (green to deep red...).

In any case, even more crossing of fingers when Kylee Watson visits in June.

(Tip of the hat to Skinshoops86 for the posting.)

MSU was the only school I saw her clearly linked with
by Orangutan  (2019-05-14 10:54:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not surprised at all.

On a separate note, things are starting to look pretty full at Oregon. 4 commits already. Wonder what their target number is. They just took a 5'11 guard in Maddie Scherr. Are they out on Clark?

Lot of Guards Coming to Oregon in 2019-20
by dillon77  (2019-05-14 11:49:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Point Guard Paopao and combo-guard Scherr in 2020 will join Australian point guard Jaz Shelley and Great Britain's Holly Winterburn from 2019.
Shelley has extensive experience with the Aussie national team..she's good.

So, maybe Graves is (more than) covering his bases here, with the thought that Clark might not be thinking manifest destiny is the way to go for her (one can hope).

Switching positions, Angela Dugalic from Maine West in H.S. sure looks like a somewhat similar prospect to Kylee Watson (both around 6'3"-6'4"). Yes, Nat Marshall is 6'5" but she and Kylee are different kinds of players, based on my yearly viewings of Watson.

Have you seen any thing on Mimi Collins that might indicate any preference for her?

Based on MM's interview, I'm starting to think she's not counting on any last-minute "tall" help. Princeton ball, circa Maddie Cable and Mabrey1, looks to be returning!

Mimi Collins
by Orangutan  (2019-05-14 12:00:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Funnily enough, Collins is following Oregon WBB & Kelly Graves on twitter. I would watch for Collins to Oregon.

Collins isn't following NDWBB, Muffet, or Niele, by the way. Alas.