I missed this on draft day: L.Bird congrats to KLS. Am I
by Jon (2019-05-14 11:53:43)

missing something? What connection does he have with the Chicago Sky or Uconn? Maybe because of the Celtics?

Does he have any connection to the state of Indiana and the teams and very great women players there?

Anything to Teaira McCowan and the Fever, Larry?

I just don't get it.

I doubt Bird does the tweeting on his own. They pay folks
by Domerduck  (2019-05-16 11:45:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to increase their digital presence where appropriate. He's still associated with the Pacers as a special adviser and along with Magic are getting lifetime achievement awards from the NBA at the June awards show (see article).

Pushing WNBA players seems pretty positive, especially if there s a personal connection like our friendly ape brought up, so he may have got soem digital help from the NBA marketing folks.

Bird is Lou's idol & why she wears #33 *
by Orangutan  (2019-05-14 12:13:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess... I guess. Not too much to get worked up over. *
by Jon  (2019-05-14 13:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not much different than Kobe tweeting Arike *
by IrishfaninTX  (2019-05-15 00:46:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post