Where is Hailey Van Lith going?
by Irish75 (2019-05-14 21:42:25)

It sure seems like UConn and Oregon are full at the guard position. I don’t think ND is in on HVL so who does that leave... maybe Stanford? And it is looking better on Caitlin Clark I think/hope.

Good Question: Oregon State? Baylor?
by dillon77  (2019-05-15 08:28:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like you said, the additions of Bueckers, Nike Muhl and Evina Westbrook kind of crowds the floor at UConn and Oregon is also getting a lot of guards with handles.

Oregon State could have use of a point guard after this year and Baylor has taken multiple trips to Washington State. At first, that one might no make sense but Van Lith is a fiery, slightly undersized floor leader, much like Kim Mulkey was herself back at Louisiana Tech.

Re: Stanford: Jenna Brown (remember her?) will be a junior in Fall 2020 and Stanford also has a PG (Van Gytenbeek) from Colorado coming in with Brink in 2020.

Sure there are numerous other suitors but am pretty sure ND is not one of them (that I'm aware of at this point).

If History Has Anything To Say
by hempfield75  (2019-05-15 10:12:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do not count out UDUB or Oregon State. I also would not count out a pretty
good Gonzaga team. Wenatchee is not far from Spokane, if she wants to
stay close to home. Gonzaga has shown a lot of improvement over the last
couple years.

SEG/Chief

Gonzaga has been good for a while and used to be better than
by Domerduck  (2019-05-16 12:29:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all the PAC12 Northwest teams when Graves was there. Fortier took over and has kept them strong and even beat 3rd seeded Oregon State in Corvallis in the 2015 NCAA tourney her first year after Graves left with mostly Graves players. She recently was named as one of four court coaches for the 2019 USA Basketball Junior National Team trials which starts today until May 20 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. The trials will be used to select the 2019 USA Basketball Women's U19 World Cup and U.S. Pan American Games teams. Van Lith and Clark are both trying out which also include Jordan and Abby from ND, Pistol Paige, and a slew of Stanford recruits and players. With Walz as head coach and UCLA's Close on the U!19 coaching staff they get an inside track to these players.

Even with this possible Gonzaga advantage, I think Van Lith will go to a Power 5 school given her high profile. Oregon State has also been recruiting Clark hard so don't know if they can get both. Washington would be interesting given she is most compared to Plum as a player. But I wouldn't rule out any of the top schools she interested in as she is a competitor. It will fun to see who ends up on that U19 team.

Your Right About Gonzaga My Bust Good Job *
by hempfield75  (2019-05-17 01:37:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post