My thoughts on MM offseason and recruiting strategy
by ndpaul (2019-05-16 03:44:14)

Hey all, believe it or not, I have been as avid a fan as some on this board but have chosen not to post. I watched every single game possible the last 3 seasons and will continue do do so. For awhile it felt troubling to sit idle (for most part - we did get Walker) while other schools are making off season moves - notably Uconn...

Now to my point: MM is throwing in the towel for next season in this respect: She isn't going to bring in a "medium transfer" post that can't help us at expense of minutes needed for her younger players.

Face it: When Patterson departed, that left us in huge pickle at post/forward. When Young declared, that was the true nail in any "return to FF", but Patterson completed the "we just wont be that good mode".. MM did not see anyone that was going to help us get back to the final four or even win the Big East. In her own words, a #17 ranking is generous for us.

Next year is all going to be about getting minutes and finding who we are.

I don't think it is a complete capitulation because if Vaughn or someone else steps up, or we become a successful guard oriented team and that would be fine. We fans should just get our expectations in line with watching coach says and does....

Replies: