With regards to the depth chart
by ndpaul (2019-05-16 04:11:31)
Edited on 2019-05-16 04:12:46

In reply to: My thoughts on MM offseason and recruiting strategy  posted by ndpaul

I think that every scholarship player is going to have a chance to step up and start. The depth chart and lineup at the end of the season likely won't be the one from the start. Here is my educated guess end of season depth chart - some is based on recruiting rankings, but what I have seen in games. It doesn't make too much sense to separate 1 guards from 2 etc. because the best will play - and we don't have a 1 that has a lock on the positon.

Destiny Walker - G - Presuming that she stays healthy
Kaitlyn Gilbert - G - my dark horse - based on her level of play right before getting injured. Health is huge issue - doubt she starts the season as one of the first five.
Anaya Peoples - G - just a hunch - based on playmaking ability and ranking
Brunelle - G/W 3/4 (I see her developing a KLS type of player)
Vaughn at the 5...- this is probably the only lock to start by necessity

As for the rest:
Nixon: Was heir PG but struggled most of 2019 before getting injured. Could break through. We shall see.
Prohaska: When you are designated as a "hustle player", that's fine and you become a fan favorite. She does have a chance to step up but I think that the higher ranked players in HS will get upper hand.
Costgrove - Hopefully she has a transformation and turns it around in the athtletic/aggressive department. Her shooting should come around and we will need it.
Walk-on turned scholarship player name alludes me: I think it is a reward scholarship - but like everyone else, they will all get a chance.

Again, this mostly speculation and someone elses guess can be as good as mine. Should be fun to watch how it will shake down.

Replies: