Coaches' interviews from today's media open house (link)
by Kayo (2019-05-16 19:35:16)

I will post pictures when I'm finish cropping and sizing.

In the meantime, you can listen to coaches' interviews at the link below. Both coaches gave us about 40 minutes of their time. Very casual conversation.

Thank you for this coverage! *
by MPG  (2019-05-16 20:37:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tweet mentions pending grad transfer announcement
by RISteve  (2019-05-16 20:22:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tweet from Mike Berardino:

Look for #ndwbb to add a second grad transfer in the coming days. Muffet McGraw expressed optimism in that regard today during a tour of the Rolfs Sports Recreation Center. #NotreDame

Link, below:

I think that's more optimism than Coach McGraw expressed.
by Kayo  (2019-05-16 20:52:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The way I heard it, she's interested in another grad transfer; but I didn't walk away from the conversation with the idea that an announcement is imminent or even that they will land one.

You can hear it for yourself in the interview I posted.

I agree. I just listened to the clip. (Link to clip here)
by RISteve  (2019-05-16 21:11:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Overly optimistic is a fair assessment.

Link, below to two minute clip

Any Clue On Who It Might Be? *
by savr27  (2019-05-16 20:44:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marta Sniezek , Point Guard from Stanford
by dillon77  (2019-05-17 07:58:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's a point guard who is in the transfer portal. She started for Stanford, primarily as a pass first, shoot later point guard before being injured before this year. Given how much talent is in the Stanford line-up, she might've figured it will be tough to get minutes.

Plus, as a graduate of American Studies, perhaps she is looking at getting a head start on a masters in a related topic (types the Am. Stud major himself).

Sniezek would be a good fit for ND if MM goes back to, as she said, a Princeton-based offense.

Stanford graduates in mid-June, which could be the reason for the vagueness. Or, the fact, that it's not a done deal. In any case, Sniezek would appear to be a good fit to MM's desire for a grad. transfer PG: get some experience to work with Jordan Nixon before (hopefully) a longer-term PG comes in 2020.

For what it's worth, Sniezek has been discussed a bit in earlier threads...it's a bit difficult on this board to follow past subjects because of the way the board is formatted. (Wish we cold go to subject and/or use-based formatting.)

Here is her bio
by Puntthepoodle  (2019-05-17 23:15:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

https://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15138

If this is the Case
by hempfield75  (2019-05-17 15:51:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does seem to lead to a 4 guard offense or would be a major part of the
offense. Would we have to rely on some pretty good outside shooting. Which
would also open up the post and guards to drive and of course the Princeton.
Am I right or close on that assumption?

SEG/Chief

Princeton Relies on a Unit of 5 players who can each pass...
by dillon77  (2019-05-17 16:28:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..dribble, cut and shoot. To some degree, the point guard is somewhat irrelevant if everyone is doing their job, but MM has always incorporated a PG to help facilitate it and/or deviate from it.

To some degree, the most critical player is the one playing high post, who usually has the best view of the screening and how the defense is reacting to it. He/she can then trigger a pass to a back-door cutter or someone coming clean off a screen. If the defense packs it in, a three-point shooter will be open.
As such, Maddie Cable was a great fit for the Princeton due to her ability to run, hit layups and shoot three pointers.

If we go to the Princeton, I could see Sam playing the same kind of role that Bella Alarie played for this year's Princeton team...setting up at the top of the key and facilitating, as well as driving to the hoop and shooting from there.

Would Sam and four guards make us small on defense? Yup. But the Princeton offense is also made to chew up time and cut down on opposition's possessions.

You can also modify this, of course, by having a regular center in who can move and set screens: Mik's defensive and rebounding need a place on this team.
Cosgrove could also function here at the high post.

So, end game...it's the Princeton that sets up the jumpers, not the other way around.

The Princeton
by hempfield75  (2019-05-17 20:24:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I see some positives and negatives in as a primary system.

...Mik was probably our worst ball handler last year. She would be
a hindrance in the Princeton. While Cosgrove, Sam, and Campbell would
be weapons.

...That does not count the magic the guards like Anaya, Gilbert, Jordan,
and possibly Clark or the Stanford PG could bring to the team.

...A couple of negatives that can be fixed. One. Brand new team with no
starters and do not know each other. Will take time to learn and get the
timing down..

...The other one could be Abby. She also was not the best ball handler and
shooter. Could the Princeton reduce her role?

...If we are fortunate to get the Stanford PG as GT would she only have
1 or 2 years of eligibility? Her is a trick question. Would she qualify
academically at ND? Just kidding. LOL.

...The Princeton does make a lot of sense if we can not get a Post GT.
We do have the guards that are use to the ball handling. I am feeling
a lot more comfortable about the Princeton after your post. I just have
concerns about the role Mik would play. Not a shooter or ball handler. Her
minutes could be like hers and Dani's the past couple years.

SEG/Chief

sniesck? *
by Joeyt28  (2019-05-16 21:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God bless you *
by Jon  (2019-05-17 09:32:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pictures (link)
by Kayo  (2019-05-16 20:12:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore, Toto...
by dillon77  (2019-05-17 18:06:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for posting....

I know even some D3 teams have spectacular facilities now, but it's still a shock for a Club Lacrosse player who used to shovel snow off the ACC parking lot for a place to practice to see this.

On the other hand, it's the price of helping support a top-tier program and this certainly looks first class...even beyond.

Pflueger looking fly in his portrait. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-05-16 20:44:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Teammates Last Forever", with a picture of Harvey. *
by PWK2  (2019-05-17 12:07:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Expunge him! *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-05-20 06:43:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for the photos
by Murcer68  (2019-05-16 20:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very nice of you to do that.