Jordan Nixon makes USA 19- World Cup team *
by Mike (2019-05-19 12:59:25)

This user did not provide content for this post

The full team that was selected (link)
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-05-19 13:33:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish target Caitlin Clark also selected, along with Naz Hillmon, who Muffet also recruited, but went to Michigan. Another target, Belibi (Stanford) also made team.

First thing I notice in that picture -Clark, Bueckers, Nixon
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-20 12:08:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look essentially the same height - despite their "reported" heights.
Nixon listed 5'9" (HVL also listed at 5'-9" - one of those listings is wrong)
Bueckers listed 5'-11"
Clark listed 6'-0"
Now posture can make a difference (Clark seems to be leaning slightly), shoes can make a difference and I guess Jordan can be on her tip-toes.

Also of note, Jeff Walz catches a lot of grief on this board (some deserved) but kudos to him for picking Jordan Nixon again even though she didn't play on the last team because of the ND Europe trip

who is who in that front row?
by quasimodo  (2019-05-23 12:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For those of us who do not study the recruiting too closely, I have trouble picking out who is who in those photos.

Who are the other 3 girls (in order) in the front row?

Any of the others in the photo of interest to us?

thanks

Quasi

Front row L-R: Clark, Bueckers, Van Lith, Nixon
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-23 13:51:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back Row L-R (pretty sure - picture a little dark):
Egbo, Taylor, Howard, Hilmon-Baker, Belibi, Boston, Brink, Smith

Interesting Tweet/Picture From Clark
by dillon77  (2019-05-21 08:07:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Liked the way she emphasized "back." Resilience.
- Great to see Abby in the background of the shot, hanging with other invitees.
- And it was another ND PG Prospect, Deja Kelly, that retweeted this. It's a small world.

PG’s
by NOBBYDOMER  (2019-05-19 14:10:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clark, Buekers, VanLith.....how much time will Jordan get? Or, wow even with those 3, Jordan showed something.

Bueckers and/or Clark Will Probably Play Some Shooting Guard
by dillon77  (2019-05-19 23:11:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...the only shooting guard I can see on the roster is Celeste Taylor, a veteran of these international teams, who plays a great all-round game both offensively and defensively. (BTW, she took an unofficial to ND as well, before selecting Texas.)

So, I think Pistol Paige and/or Caitlin will see some time off-ball and neither of them will have any trouble doing that.

BTW, did anyone else notice Haley Jones -- who was at the trials -- didn't make the team, but other Stanford commits Fran Belibi and Cameron Brink did?

Congrats to all those who competed and to those 12 who did make it.

This should have a very, very positive effect on Jordan. Go get 'em, Shake!

Congrats to

Naz Hillmon was a major miss for ND. She came off the bench
by MPG  (2019-05-19 13:47:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for Michigan and was their team leader in points, rebounds, and FG%. I don't know what the mutual interest level with ND was, but she is exactly what ND needed and still needs in the front court.

I am glad that Caitlin Clark made the team.

Congratulations to Jordan! This will give her a great start
by MPG  (2019-05-19 13:29:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to the '19 -'20 season. Let's hope that she can avoid the variety of injuries that plagued her during the '18 -'19 season.

Jordan
by hempfield75  (2019-05-19 15:01:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats to her. This should also help her confidence and the confidence of
the coaches. She should go into camp a different player that ended the
season. Now, would not hurt my feelings at all if her and Clark become
inseparable.

...I agree with you about the injury bug. She surely was snake bitten
last year. I know some people were pretty hard on her. But you can
tell she never fully recovered from her injuries, especially the
concussion. I truly believe we will see the real Jordan this year.
Just stay away from the injuries.

...You know Niele is doing cartwheels about Jordan making the team. She
really deserves this.

...What I would like to see her work on is her confidence in shooting,
especially from above the ARC.

...Go Jordan knock them dead. We are proud of you. Plus have FUN.

SEG/Chief

The day Jordan makes up her mind that the point is hers
by sixtythreer  (2019-05-19 14:20:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and that nobody else can have it, we're in business again.

I want her with the mindset that she's as good as Clark, VanLith and Bueckers; to take charge.

That’s the step she needs to make. She has the talent.
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-05-19 19:08:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The door is wide open now.

Absolutely agree with these 2 statements. Go get it Jordan! *
by Jon  (2019-05-20 11:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post