Anyone else checking/refreshing this page a couple of times
by SBSwarm (2019-05-21 16:12:12)

per day?

Looks like Arike and Jackie are locks to make their respective rosters. But I don't have the same confidence in the other three. The Sparks, Lynx and Mercury are loaded. I'm sure if any of them get waived, another team will come-a-callin'. Fingers crossed.

(Man, I want Marina to get a shot.)

Megan Gustafson got waived *
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-23 09:45:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very surprising to me. *
by PWK2  (2019-05-23 09:58:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When are rosters finalized? *
by RISteve  (2019-05-21 21:18:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May 23rd, I believe. *
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-05-21 23:09:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm watching intently, as well
by Orangutan  (2019-05-21 18:04:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everything I am reading from Lynx fans and writers is that Shepard is going to make it, even after Minnesota traded for Stephanie Talbot and Alaina Coates today.

Bri and Marina are truly on the bubble. It sounds like LA will keep 2 of this four: Marina, Karlie Samuelson, Ashley Walker, Sydney Wiese. Marina had a really good final preseason game, so hopefully that earned her a spot.

Regarding Bri, it would be unusual for a 1st round pick to get cut but Phoenix has an unusual roster situation. They may only be able to afford 11 players due to cap considerations.

I'm still optimistic she makes it, but it's definitely uncertain.

Marina Averaged 10.00 in LA's 2 Preseason Games ...
by dillon77  (2019-05-22 08:42:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..in 16.00 minutes (avg.) of playing time. Pretty good production and shooting percentages.

I'm hoping she'll benefit from a new coach -- Fisher -- who has an open perspective on what he's seeing. Wiese may have experience in her favor, so I'm thinking it may come down to Marina and Karlie S. I think Marina is more physical that Samuelson and hope that plays to her favor. We'll see soon enough.

This season preview piece on the Mercury
by SBSwarm  (2019-05-22 10:10:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from High Post Hoops gives some insight into how BT's training camp has gone. I'm feeling a little better about her chances to make the roster.

I linked the article, but here are the relevant snippets:

“All rookies, including Arica Carter in that third-round pick, have been really productive for us in training camp,” Brondello said. “We’ve got some tough decisions to make as we lead into that first game.”

For Turner, a forward from Notre Dame selected 11th overall by Atlanta but traded to Phoenix for center Marie Gulich, making the roster was not a lock. But her growth in the two weeks of trading camp has left the Mercury with no choice but to keep her.

“It’s amazing to see how easy it’s been — well, for Alanna Smith, it’s really easy since I coach her with the Opals and things are very similar — but for Brianna Turner, just how she continues to get better with more time she spends in the system,” Brondello said.

Taurasi called Turner the “wild card,” adding, “This kid has so much ability and she’s barely scratching the surface. I think the first couple of days was a big adjustment for her … I think, in two weeks, she’s probably improved more than any player I’ve seen in a long time.”

Thx for Posting...That's Encouraging for BT
by dillon77  (2019-05-22 10:29:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's quite an array of rookies in Phoenix: Bri, Smith and Cunningham. And the talk about how BT and Cunningham may make the team. Shows how crazy good the caliber of play is. Cross fingers through the 23rd.

Yes.. Hoping for “Clark is Irish!”. *
by Irish75  (2019-05-21 21:21:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post