Considering months ago JN assumed JY would be here
by btd (2019-05-23 21:23:16)

In reply to: There's a Lot To Like Here. One Concern....  posted by dillon77

next season with her -- I have to imagine there isn't anyone on earth they can recruit or get as a transfer that even remotely concerns JN. None of them are going to fill the shoes JY left behind and she was considered an absolute lock to start.

So, my guess is MM simply told her and the rest of the team that we unexpectedly are down 2 more bodies than planned for and at this point the only possible way we can get back to full strength headed into the season is to get graduate transfers that can play day one.

I also suspect the kids we have returning aren't stupid -- they know it isn't going to be easy to be a top 15 team sans any seniors on the team that have any kind of star power. They want to win -- and probably are happier than pigs in slop that we managed to get two players that on paper can probably increase our win total by 3-5 games this season -- making us more experienced day one versus needing 2/3 of the season to get experienced enough to play the way we need to play game one.

That's my theory anyway.

Replies: