Olivia Miles....
by dillon77 (2019-05-25 13:11:59)

In reply to: Thank you. Are you familiar with Olivia Miles, the 2021 PG  posted by MPG

Yes, I read that post and am also familiar with Olivia Miles, who plays for Blair Academy in western New Jersey.

More relevant to ND fans who follow recruiting, she plays AAU Ball for the Philly Belles, AAU team for Mik Vaughn, Danielle Cosgrove and verbal commit Alli Campbell. So Muffet and Niele, when checking out Alli, have been able to check out Ms. Miles at the same time.

Perhaps my blinders on 2020 kept me from looking expanding the focus to 2021.
Luckily, several members of the Boneyard have followed her for years and I've read reports and seen videos. She likes to have the ball in her hand and has an extremely good handle, with both her dribbling and passing. And she can do it at fast speeds. Can drive to the hoop well and has a good pull-up jumper. And Iv'e seen some pretty solid, spot-up jumps from three-point land. As you can tell, she's extremely highly rated.

I reached out to a few of the BYers who were high on her for UConn to see if that would still be the case following the commitments of Bueckers and Muhl. You'd think backburner, but you never know.

Given how tough the competition is for Caitlin Clark and/or Deja Kelly, one ND source suggests Miles could be a more-than-a viable option in case those two don't work out. That could be feasible if Jordan has a solid rebound year and if you take into account the other guards who could help take lead roles from time to time.

In any case, she's a terrific talent.