Lynix (with Jess) beat Storm (with Jewell), 72-61
by dillon77 (2019-05-30 07:39:51)

(Box Score Linked Below)

- Game was in Minnesota, where Lynx are tough.
- Lynx pretty much won this game in the first quarter, going up 22-9.
- Minnesota played pretty good defense and pounded Seattle on the boards (40-22). Sylvia Fowles had 13 boards.
- Jewell had a, to be charitable, an off night, going 5 for 21 and 0-5 from 3-pt. land.
- Jess scored 10 pointss, had 4 rebounds and had the most minutes (21+) off the bench for the Lynx. Looked very comfortable out there for Coach Cheryl Reeve.
(If you remember, Coach Reeve was the one who last year suggested to Jess that to get to the next level she needed to get into better shape. We saw the results last night and obviously so did Coach Reeve. Expect Jess to be around this team for quite some time...)

Jess is one of my favorites
by Murcer68  (2019-05-30 17:06:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her transfer won us a National Title.

Imagine 2017-18 without Jess. Actually, it might be unimag-
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-01 19:20:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

inable.

Jess Shepard is going to have a good WNBA career in Minn.
by MPG  (2019-05-30 10:36:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had forgotten that Coach Reeve was the one who had made those suggestions to Jess last year.

Here are a couple of notes as you prepare for the next update to your recruiting report. There is a picture of Deja Kelly and Arike in the twitterverse from a recent EYBL event in Texas. There is a shamrock or two floating around it. I only saw the Reynolds family at one ND game this past season. It could be that high school responsibilities are taking more time for them. Likewise, Ari Wiggins only visited once. Keegan Sullivan has not committed anywhere yet, but I have not heard her linked to ND.

Deja & Arike (link)
by Orangutan  (2019-05-30 10:49:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly
by hempfield75  (2019-05-30 17:47:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great photo with Arike. No doubt Kelly is 5-8. Can not stretch her to even
5-9. Same size as Arike. I hope Arike is whispering IRISH IRISH IRISH in her
right ear,

Love alums who support the program *
by Murcer68  (2019-05-30 17:07:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post