Sedona Prince in transfer portal
by Fighting_Artichoke (2019-06-04 20:04:45)

Muffet recruited her in HS after she decommitted from Texas but before she recommitted to the Longhorns. She probably wouldn't be available this season, but I think she would be worth the wait. The 6'7" post (Hoopgurlz #8 in 2018) missed her freshman year so has 4 years of eligibility remaining.

Of course she also may opt to remove her name from the portal and remain at Texas.

This would be huge (in more ways than one!) I believe we
by drmurray  (2019-06-07 15:48:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tried to recruit her...so anything discussed from here out would not be cold calling.

I believe that Sedona did visit ND unofficially, but chose
by MPG  (2019-06-07 18:39:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to re-commit to her original choice and favorite team growing up in Texas. This was around her junior year in high school.

Niele & Sedona followed each other on Twitter today
by skydigg88  (2019-06-06 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks as if ND is going after her after all.

Deja Kelly re-tweeted Sedona's transfer tweet. They know
by MPG  (2019-06-06 10:27:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

each other from Texas basketball circles. As I have said in the past, I would like to see ND attract more players from Texas.

That is Very Interesting
by hempfield75  (2019-06-06 14:50:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could lead to a possible 2 for 1. If that happens what about Clark and
Westbeld. Do we have room for both. Will MM take Kelly over Clark.

...I agree that the rosters should be larger than we currently use. Seems
the last 4 years or so we been fighting roster size after injuries and
transfers. Make the rosters larger and deal with transfers if they happen
later.

...My feeling go after everyone who wants to play at ND. True team players
will accept any roster size. So to summaries I would take Sedona, Kelly,
Clark and Westbeld.

SEG/Chief

Holy Mackerel
by MackyBoy  (2019-06-05 23:23:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what a possibility to turn our fortunes around overnight. She has skills, is athletic and dunks with ease. Hope the crazy Baylor coach doesn't get her paws on her.

https://youtu.be/K-TQaGkiWwM

Why? *
by NOBBYDOMER  (2019-06-05 09:53:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A wild a** guess. Culture. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-06-06 17:22:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a nice thought
by Orangutan  (2019-06-05 00:07:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But we all know she'd choose Oregon or UConn as those are the only two places anyone wants to play anymore. (insert eye-roll emoji here)

If She Does Choose Oregon Does Watson Decommit *
by hempfield75  (2019-06-05 02:56:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She did not play during the 2018-19 season because of injury
by MPG  (2019-06-04 20:41:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would that situation give her a good basis to appeal for fall 2019 eligibility?

Wow, That's an Interesting Point that Seems Viable...
by dillon77  (2019-06-05 08:08:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..if memory holds, she injured herself playing on the same U-18 USA National Team that Anaya Peoples did, under Coach Walz. In fact, I remember reading and/or hearing stories aboutn how Prince was viewed as a leader of that team.

Would most certainly be worth a few calls to see if she'd like to take a visit when Anaya is here for summer school. I was impressed with the tape I saw of Prince from that time period. Good court awareness. Assertive when she made her move.

After having read the thread at the Boneyard, there seems to be some back and forth whether she kept her name in the portal. Hmmm...Stay tuned. And keep looking at 2020 prospects.

(On the down side, you can bet Coach W -- in his Louisville capacity -- is in touch, as well.)

Sedona has just confirmed her intention to transfer for
by MPG  (2019-06-05 10:59:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"medical reasons." This sounds to me as if she'll be asking for immediate eligibility at her transfer destination.

She would be perfect. *
by 2Domer  (2019-06-05 11:06:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

indeed
by ram  (2019-06-05 14:55:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but not getting my hopes up

Our Lady of Victory Pray for Us! *
by hibernianangst  (2019-06-05 12:26:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

St. Rita of Cascia, St. Jude Thaddeus . . . .
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-06-05 17:13:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

St. Philomena and St. Gregory of Neocaesarea, pray for us!

Let them all go marching in! Go Irish! *
by drmurray  (2019-06-07 16:48:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post