Kate Clark, 2022 Guard from Carmel
by dillon77 (2019-06-10 10:02:37)
Edited on 2019-06-10 10:10:06

Came across this retweet from SkinsHoops86 about Kate Clark, a 6'0" shootig guard from Carmel, Ind., who apparently was lighting it up at U of Michigan's Elite Basketball Camp.

Her attending that camp should come as no surprise because Michigan frosh Amy Dilk, who had a solid year for Michigan, is also from Carmel.

Wondering if she might take a trip north on 31 to attend ND's camp later in the month. I've got no idea if she's on ND's radar, but since we're in a relatively quiet stretch here, no harm in pondering and scouring the hoops horizon.

I'll drop a link to some video on a reply ust under this post.

Here is an interesting supplement to your post:
by MPG  (2019-06-10 14:57:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Payton Verhulst is a tall, 2021 shooting guard from a Catholic high school in Kansas. She made the USA U-16 team recently and is profiled in the enclosed article. Toward the end of the article, it is mentioned that she is being recruited by everyone except ND and Connecticut. I draw this to the board's attention because it is another illustration that ND's recruiting is done selectively as well as quietly.

Payton is 6-1, ranked 10th by HG, looks like Caitlin Clark and attends a similar high school that also has a history of sending students to ND.

Verhulst Also Has Similarities to Sonia Citron...
by dillon77  (2019-06-10 16:33:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..who also made the U16 U.S. National Team: same height; excellent form on the jump shot; well rounded athlete who also play other sports (Verhulst is a volleyball player; Citron a soccer player); the Catholic School angle; and, interestingly, both love math.

Thanks for bringing her up on the board...I'm not above raising possible players in a public setting. Heck, people can take the suggestions or not!

In the case of Verhulst and Citron in the Class of 2021, I would imagine so much depends on who comes aboard in 2020 and how things proceed, of course, in the pursuit of the Holy Grail, Azzi Fudd. But while I respect ND's selectivity, I sure hope they "go for the best, but prepare for the rest."

Here's Some Video of Clark....
by dillon77  (2019-06-10 10:04:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...supplied by the the Indy Magic AAU Team. This was taken before her freshman year in H.S., so she's only maintained and/or probably gotten better.

Did they clone her? Or does she have two sisters there? *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-06-11 13:59:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unusual
by irishdds  (2019-06-10 13:12:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.........she looks awful manly in that picture and why is she wearing a New York Mets uniform?

Hah! Sorry About That. Right Link in Place Now!
by dillon77  (2019-06-10 13:17:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's six feet tall, but not as tall as Pete Alonso!

Hey dillon
by irishdds  (2019-06-10 17:28:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope you took that in the fun spirit that itnwas intended. Thanks for all you do.

Oh, Absolutely.....
by dillon77  (2019-06-10 18:58:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just not as good at trying to do and balance multiple things at once..I was laughing at myself. Luckily, nothing an erase and repaste couldn't take care of.

Don't know if you looked at a little of the tape, but the kids got good form.
Who knows what will happen? MM and Niele are, as MPG points out, very selective (and pretty secretive), so it's a little like waiting for the white smoke out of the Vatican.