Any questions for Muffet?
by Nose Breath (2019-06-10 18:21:20)

She is coming to our alumni dinner next month. Any particular things to pick her brain on? Besides the cliche "how much do you really hate geno" or "all female staff" kind of stuff.

Why does your hubby want to get in on photos & interviews?
by SB Jimbo  (2019-06-11 14:00:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't think of another spouse in women's or men's basketball that does this.

Just a pet peeve.

I'm OK with Matt - shows genuine affection for Muffet & ND
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-12 08:50:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the team seems to like him around.

Journalists find him, he doesn’t seek them out.
by Goirish01  (2019-06-12 08:29:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Such a petty question.

He's our Drake..... *
by BB Junky  (2019-06-11 16:27:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He absolutely is not “our Drake” or any kind of Drake. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-12 16:45:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe consider a sense of humor? *
by BB Junky  (2019-06-12 17:02:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not when you’re comparing Matt McGraw to Drake. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-12 20:40:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's two letters away from Drake - a "C" and an "L"
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-13 10:51:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Drake = ass
Matt McGraw = class

Follow up: Where can I get one of those cool green hats? *
by drmurray  (2019-06-11 14:33:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have they ever considered recruiting preferred walk-ons? *
by CKDexterHaven  (2019-06-11 13:18:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ask about leadership in 2018-19
by Kayo  (2019-06-11 06:16:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You had a group of starters who were peers with Kathryn Westbeld as the team leader during the championship season. It's really difficult for someone to emerge as a leader after being an equal voice for several years.

Did one of your 2018-19 starters emerge as the team leader, or was there a different dynamic this past season? Describe how it unfolded.

I'm certain that will get a lengthy and interesting answer.

If Possible Here is My Question. Not Recruiting Oriented
by hempfield75  (2019-06-10 23:45:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is this the youngest team you have had to enter a season. And do you change
up your approach very differently, medium, or slightly to get the players
ready for the season.

...P.S. How are we looking health wise and how is Jordan doing.

SEG/Chief

Well, if you factor in the grad transfers
by cbiebel  (2019-06-11 15:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are some if you factor in next year's grad transfers.

The 2002 team had 6 freshmen, but it also had a senior Ericka Haney and junior Alicia Ratay (and I think Barksdale was still at ND as a junior, too).

The 1998 ND team had senior Mollie Peirick plus junior Sheila McMillen, but I think everyone else was either a sophomore or freshman.

Thanks That Jogged Some Old Memories *
by hempfield75  (2019-06-11 21:25:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Knee injuries in WBB
by SixShutouts66  (2019-06-10 20:25:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there any research going on or changes to training that may reduce the number of knee injuries in women's BB?

I have a question for you
by ocdomer78  (2019-06-10 19:56:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how did you get Muffet?

my understanding is that she does 1 club a year. as such, she is much harder to get than Kelly.

MM visit
by txirish74  (2019-06-10 20:09:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NB- What is your ALumni Club We (Dallas) are jealous!

Mundane
by NOBBYDOMER (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-10 19:24:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For all of us WBB fans: Will the ladies practice on FB weekends, when, open to the public?

Recruiting/Retention Questions
by dillon77  (2019-06-10 18:47:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1) One sees more and more transfers taking place in WCBB these days. What does MM attribute the increase to?
-- How does this, if at all, affect the way she and Niele plan and put a squad together?

2) To the best of our knowledge, Natalie Achonwa is the only "international" player you've had at Notre Dame ...and she's all the way from Ontario.
Many of your competitors have used international players with success.

Will you consider recruiting international players?
-- If no, why not?
-- If considering, how would you go about it?

The second one (internatinal recruiting) could be very interesting....

Another recruiting question.
by RISteve  (2019-06-10 20:00:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am interested to know her thoughts on recruiting from a geographic perspective. She has not had great luck recruiting in the South or West (Uncle Geno has had much more success). Any particular reason or thoughts on the best way to improve recruiting in ‘hard to get” areas?

Thanks!

If all of her teams played in the same league, who would win
by Murcer68  (2019-06-10 18:26:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2001, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018, or 2019?

good one *
by ram  (2019-06-11 17:27:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post