That's a Thought-Provoking Point ...
by dillon77 (2019-06-14 08:21:21)
Edited on 2019-06-14 10:27:49

In reply to: It interested me to see that their beat writer received this  posted by MPG

...MM obviously likes to keep specific recruiting ventures very much under lock and key (and we can guess a lot of the reasons ...). Like you say, Geno/Chris Dailey seem to selectively leak/use local media when it befits them. I suspect there are advantages to both.

In the case of Prince, why not let folks know they've been chosen for a visit: "after all these years, Ms. Prince still values our program." Even if she does not go there, there's a PR/branding element to it.

MM goes about it a different way...perhaps relying on a more private touch. ND tends to stand for itself. However, the ND social media team does release those photos of kids in uniform (which I've often felt is a jinx, but that's just me. Kind of like wearing a race shirt before you've run the race.).

Interesting to note the observations on the Hartford and New Haven papers and ESPN (which is just down the pike) being courted by Geno. If you were to read the Boneyard today in regards to MM's upcoming article in Sports Illustrated, you'd think ND had SI and Meredith Corporation in their back pocket.
I'm amazed at the capacity for self-victimization that is rampant these days...