Sedona Prince Visiting ND On June 27-28!!!
by savr27 (2019-06-21 19:02:27)

Per an ND site. Huge news

Senior Year hilights - some smooth moves (link)
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-06-23 11:55:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very impressive! Thanks for linking. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-06-24 11:06:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow, She Moves Well and Is Athletic For Her Size!!! *
by savr27  (2019-06-23 15:31:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also reports that another high profile recruit will join her *
by 2Domer  (2019-06-22 09:42:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here is the tweet
by RISteve  (2019-06-22 12:39:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per NDHoopsRecruits

Link, below

Are you referencing written reports? If so, where? Thanks! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-06-22 10:28:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ndhoopsrecruits.com *
by 2Domer  (2019-06-22 11:14:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anyone Know Who That Might Be? *
by savr27  (2019-06-22 09:56:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully Deja Kelly or Hailey Van Lith
by skydigg88  (2019-06-22 10:10:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deja knows Sedona very well & Hailey is a highly touted.

Deja Kelly would be the most likely. As you note, they are
by MPG  (2019-06-22 10:19:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

friends. I have never seen Van Lith linked to ND. Of course, this would be a great time to connect with ND. Caitlin Clark could choose to visit before her USA team begins practice in early July.

We are Getting the Visit. It is Up to Coaches, Players,
by hempfield75  (2019-06-21 22:40:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

staff, and UND to close it. This is great news. I hope she gets a welcome
like she has never saw before. To use an old phrase. She is the missing
link. This is just flat out great great great. Sedona feel the love.

SEG/Chief

What do the recruiting services think of Prince? *
by Drmurray  (2019-06-21 22:00:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was 5 star #8 overall on Hoopgurlz 2018 class *
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-22 09:41:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is great news! I like the timing of this visit... *
by MPG  (2019-06-21 20:23:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Summer Camp is On, Summer Session Is Still Fresh
by dillon77  (2019-06-22 17:41:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Team Camp starts on June 28, so that could present a festive atmosphere to Prince and the other visitor in the new facilities.

And Prince will get to meet a very "juiced up to now be ND students" Anaya Peoples and Sam Brunelle. Hopefully, that atmosphere will carry over to the prospective teammates.

Of course, I'll be in northern New Jersey, where I'll cross fingers and think good thoughts.

U.S. Senior Open on campus all week. Plenty of people around *
by CKDexterHaven  (2019-06-22 07:54:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for sharing this info. *
by 2Domer  (2019-06-21 20:11:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow!!! *
by Irish75  (2019-06-21 20:01:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So happy about this!
by Murcer68  (2019-06-21 19:43:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first thing I look for when I visit this board every day is a Sedona Prince update. Regardless of what that says about the mixed-up priorities I have in my life, this is still great news.....

Me too:) *
by Irish75  (2019-06-21 20:03:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dillon: Instant analysis please if she commits!!
by Irish75  (2019-06-21 20:24:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am so happy now at the possibility.

If Sedona Prince Commits....
by dillon77  (2019-06-22 16:46:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...my immediate reactions are:

In Recruiting for Post/Forwards:
- How is Prince recovering from her broken leg? Is she on a schedule to be able to play in 2019-20 or the following season? If the former, then there's the matter of putting in for a waiver to be able to immediately play, rather than sit out a year.
- If she can't play for a year, MM & staff might try to find a grad. transfer at the post position.
- That's probably it for going after posts/forwards prospects for 2020. 6'5" Natalija Marshall will join 6'7" Prince, 6'4" Danielle Cosgrove and 6'3" Mik Vaughn.
Would put effort into 2021 posts/forwards, such as Amari DeBerry, Destiny Adams, etc.

In regards to Other 2020 prospects:
- ND Hoops Recruits says another major prospect ("target") is supposed to visit this week, as well. I've got to think this target is one of the point prospects, Clark or Kelly. As MPG points out, Clark could come ahead of her U.S. National Team stint in July. If it's Kelly, she and Prince know each other from Texas.
- If one of these visits pans out and results in a verbal commitment, I've got to think that's it on the guard front. ND would have a lot of guards in the 2020-21 season (Nixon, verbal commitment from this target, Prohaska, Gilbert, Peoples, Walker (assuming she has two years of eligibility).
There are a number of talented guards in the 2021 class, including shooting guards Sonia Citron and Payton Verhulst, point guard Olivia Miles and, of course, Azzi Fudd.
- As for wing, if Prince signs, got to think that allows Sam Brunelle to play more outside. Along with Alli Campbell, that would appear to fill that need. That said, it would be hard to pass up a Westbeld, if she's willing, able and gets the situation.

So if say Kelly would commit ..........
by NDoggie78  (2019-06-23 12:35:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you would tell Clark no room at the inn?

That would be pretty hard to do - of course this scenario is probably not likely anyway.
I would take both - I've been advocating expanding roster by at least one anyway - and let things shake out. Someone may transfer, but that seems the nature of today's game.

Personally, I Like Your Reasoning....
by dillon77  (2019-06-23 16:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I think Clark is a "accept her and put her on the court" at any costs.
And I'm hoping and thinking she's the "major target" that is coming this week.

However, my gut in the other post is what I think ND might do (not what I think they should do...get a point guard. As stated, we've got a lot of other guards on the roster and they're good ones, so the focus is on the one with a handle. Plus there's a bunch of special prospects making their talents known in the Class of 2021.

Please note that's my gut reaction this weekend....could and probably will change. I'm going to be very interested in who shows up this weekend in addition to Ms. Prince. I'm hoping for the initials "CC"

As I Said, Check in ....a Day?
by dillon77  (2019-06-24 14:34:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Geesh, I thought I'd said I might have a different opinion, but I didn't expect it to come at the crack of the next dawn. If Jordan Nixon has, indeed, entered the portal, I think we'll got after any guard that has a "handle" that will be up for it, namely Clark or Kelly.

Clark has often said that she wants to walk in and play immediately. Doubt any of the coaching staff (or us) would've planned for this, but she might have that opportunity.

Was your post complete?
by Obi-wain  (2019-06-22 18:08:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It appears on my screen to have stopped mid-thought.

Whew...It Was Not. Now It Is. Thanks.
by dillon77  (2019-06-23 06:51:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I must've done something strange. Then again, I was watching the penalty kick stage of Norway vs. Australia in the Women's World Cup, so I might've hit some strange button.

In any case, put in the final points. Thanks again.