If Sedona Prince Commits....
by dillon77 (2019-06-22 16:46:33)
Edited on 2019-06-23 06:49:35

In reply to: Dillon: Instant analysis please if she commits!!  posted by Irish75

...my immediate reactions are:

In Recruiting for Post/Forwards:
- How is Prince recovering from her broken leg? Is she on a schedule to be able to play in 2019-20 or the following season? If the former, then there's the matter of putting in for a waiver to be able to immediately play, rather than sit out a year.
- If she can't play for a year, MM & staff might try to find a grad. transfer at the post position.
- That's probably it for going after posts/forwards prospects for 2020. 6'5" Natalija Marshall will join 6'7" Prince, 6'4" Danielle Cosgrove and 6'3" Mik Vaughn.
Would put effort into 2021 posts/forwards, such as Amari DeBerry, Destiny Adams, etc.

In regards to Other 2020 prospects:
- ND Hoops Recruits says another major prospect ("target") is supposed to visit this week, as well. I've got to think this target is one of the point prospects, Clark or Kelly. As MPG points out, Clark could come ahead of her U.S. National Team stint in July. If it's Kelly, she and Prince know each other from Texas.
- If one of these visits pans out and results in a verbal commitment, I've got to think that's it on the guard front. ND would have a lot of guards in the 2020-21 season (Nixon, verbal commitment from this target, Prohaska, Gilbert, Peoples, Walker (assuming she has two years of eligibility).
There are a number of talented guards in the 2021 class, including shooting guards Sonia Citron and Payton Verhulst, point guard Olivia Miles and, of course, Azzi Fudd.
- As for wing, if Prince signs, got to think that allows Sam Brunelle to play more outside. Along with Alli Campbell, that would appear to fill that need. That said, it would be hard to pass up a Westbeld, if she's willing, able and gets the situation.

Replies: