Competition
by PittsburghIrish (2019-06-24 13:20:55)

In reply to: WoW, What Is Going On - Wonder If The Incoming Class and  posted by savr27

I see this as a different situation from Patterson.

I think Nixon may view this as a situation where she could get caught up in the numbers game at ND. With two point guards coming in this year and the staff's pursuit of a top-notch PG for this year's class, it could be that Jordan saw the writing on the wall and is choosing to look for a better spot for playing time.

This is what happens when you recruit elite talent and some players will leave. Some players will leave because they realize they don't want to play in a highly competitive environment. I think this is the difference between Patterson and Jordan.

I think Patterson didn't like the pressure that comes with playing for a National Championship contender and demanding coaching that comes along with it. I think Nixon realizes the numbers at her position are increasing and the reality is her playing time will diminish. Doesn't mean she is afraid of the competition, but rather feels it's best to step out and look for another opportunity at a school that has a less crowded roster at PG.

Plus, being from NYC is a lot different being at ND especially when your close friend and former high school teammate also leaves.

Replies: