New NCAA waiver policy
by BB Junky (2019-06-26 11:18:43)
Edited on 2019-06-26 16:20:18

It's good to see the NCAA is acting to try to reel in what has become the wild wild west in college athletics. The proliferation of transfers from program to program has gotten out of hand and really put the coaches in a bad place. College athletes are young adults who don't always see the big picture on making a quick decision to change a path that temporarily might be difficult. Just think of all the ND athletes over the years that were ready to leave. Things turned around for them and sticking it out was the best decision they ever made. (Matt Farrell)

I don't take the position, as many in this blog have, that you can condemn whole generation, (millennials) and throw them into a pot and say they are all spoiled. Frankly, it wasn't them who made the rules.

The flight from the ND program, however should force this coaching staff into self reflection mode. The rules have changed and this great coaching staff needs to also change or fall behind. It's now several years in a row that ND has been hit hard from transfers. I would say it now a pattern of behavior. My guess is MM will figure it out. This will be a middle of the pack ACC team this year but if we can keep the nucleus together and add on again, the fall from the top won't be too prolong.