Why we need BaBa
by NOBBYDOMER (2019-07-04 11:59:17)

Prince just finished her Oregon visit. (UCONN,ND)
So, how about BaBa’s box....e.g.

Which school she picks.

Reasons: family atmosphere.
Bonding with coach(s)
Connect with teammates.
Win an NC
Education
Faith.
Develop Potential
Playing Time

I know how I’d vote.

Best Guess
by Domer65  (2019-07-04 19:26:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of the categories you listed, if I were a 5 star recruit, ND might not be the school that I selected. Hopefully Sedona will go Irish.

Bring back BaBa. *
by 2Domer  (2019-07-04 12:58:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Update on Baba
by dillon77  (2019-07-05 09:59:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Baba and I sometimes reach out to each other (via other media), in part because we work together on the recruiting update and chart.

The recent postings on his whereabouts have led to some back and forths between, so here's some feedback from him:

- First, he's AOK (which is perhaps the most important thing...).

- Baba's been suspended from posting on McGraw's Bench. And, to paraphrase him, "perhaps forgetten about (by the moderators)."

- He wanted "...to let the benchers know what happened, that I’m fine and still reading their posts."

Dillon's Druthers (and these are meant in a constructive manner):
- While one can't be certain of what exactly precipitated this, I think back to the threads on Jackie Young deciding to go pro or not. I seem to recall a strong defense on the values of education on Baba's part.
- Now if Baba violated a certain rule and needed a timeout, suspension, those are the rules of the board. But it's been awhile....
- Personally, I would hope that Baba would be allowed access to ND Nation again because he brings a sense of reasoned logic, maturity, wit and (often different) perspective that keeps McGraw's Bench both vibrant and civilized.
- Which often compares to another site I take part in, where numerous contributors could probably be sued for slander simply by breathing, let alone putting cyber-words to posts. Compared to them, Baba is a 7/8-glass-full kind of guy.
- Plus, the pre-game puzzles are the best!

Cross fingers, think good thoughts and stay tuned...

Thanks for that. *
by Jon  (2019-07-06 19:33:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thx. We miss his contributions and wish him well
by RISteve  (2019-07-05 15:22:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully, at some point, he gets his posting rights reinstated.

Thank you for the update on Baba. I hope that he can resume
by MPG  (2019-07-05 14:35:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

posting soon. At least we know that he is well, reading posts, and thinking positive thoughts about ND basketball!

She is not on our team, so what does he care?
by sixtythreer  (2019-07-04 13:07:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His new rule.