Missed this-Arike broke Sheryl Swoopes WNBA record & tied
by Domerduck (2019-07-04 17:46:02)

a WNBA record for a regular season game, only exceeded by Maya Moore in an overtime game. So she is in good company with these new records which she accomplished in June, the same month she got Rookie of the Month that the big monkey posted a few days back. I guess shooting a lot in the WNBA, no matter the efficiency, still gets rewarded.

Hopefully she gets some different records in the future with more positive results.

A Anderson article on Arike
by RISteve  (2019-07-05 08:32:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I missed the 2-23 game. Yikes! But, she does know how to bounce back and that is a great trait she possesses.

Link, below

She absolutely shakes off her misses which is why she still
by Domerduck  (2019-07-05 10:48:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

can make those big shots, which is what we love about her and what she did at ND.

I am hopeful has a great WNBA career. I replied to a post on Rock's House early in June of the top 10 athletes of all time from Wisconsin which included Rocky Blier. I feel Arike should be over Henning of Stanford (who was in the top 10) since she scored more points in Wisconsin high school and was also a multisport star in the state (soccer). You can see my athoughts in the attached link. A great WNBA career will cement that. She is already starting well with ROM as well as breaking Swoopes record and approaching Maya Moore's, so she is on her way. Those two will certainly be in the HOF.

Great article on Arike which puts it all in perspective. Her, Ruth, and Sky are definitely the top 3 women ballers of all time at ND....no doubt.

A Anderson recap of NDWBB in WNBA
by RISteve  (2019-07-05 08:36:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds like LA is not in WNBA anymore as well as Dev Peters. I was unaware of both.

Link, below

Reminder: Lindsay Allen Is Sitting Out This WNBA Season
by dillon77  (2019-07-05 12:44:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after surgery, I believe on her knee. She had a great year in Australia, as noted. I don't know how long her rehab is and whether she'll be ready to go back south or aim towards next year in the WNBA.

Natalie Novosel is fully recovered from her own surgery and set to go in Australia this fall.

Dev was signed to the tail end of last year's WNBA with Phoenix, but didnt' make this year's team. She may very well have lost a roster spot to a young center from Notre Dame named Turner.

#2 not bad and we all know who's #1, Too bad so many have
by Domerduck  (2019-07-05 11:06:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

missed games due to health or injury, although Sky's reason was self inflicted. As for Dev, I've enjoyed her on ESPN as she's definitely good on camera. The article also points out Lindsey and Natalie Novosal are still balling, at least in Australia. Fun way to see the world when you are young.

She was Rookie of the Month for June. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-04 18:35:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post