Any updates on Erin DeGrate? She is the 6-6 grad transfer
by MPG (2019-07-06 17:39:03)

from Texas Tech and a powerful low-post player. She could give Mikayla and Danielle some great challenges in practice while contributing her usual 16+ minutes per game to the depleted Irish front court.

I would like to see Caitlin Clark and Maddy Westbeld commit to ND to complete the 2020 class.

DeGrate started her college career at Louisville, then
by Homeboy73  (2019-07-06 19:10:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

transferred to Texas Tech. At 6’6” I would welcome her to Notre Dame. Decent stats. Tall, solid, not skinny. Bummed losing out on Prince, and others, this year.

See Nothing On Raoul's Transfer Blog....
by dillon77  (2019-07-06 18:26:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..about Erin DeGrate's possible new playing site.

Like you, would like to see some action on the 2020 Recruiting front: who knows, the covert trip last week might've been Caitlin Clark?

As per your desire for Clark and Westbeld joining Nat Marshall and Ali Campbell, you won't get any complaints from me if that came to pass.

DeGrate
by jamnd74 (click here to email the poster)  (2019-07-12 22:52:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Erin DeGrate may be transfering to Baylor according to Raoul. https://wbbblog.com/2019/07/02/transfer-news-july-2019/

Outside Shooting
by hempfield75  (2019-07-06 19:55:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we can get Clark and Westbeld to go with Sam and Campbell. Their
outside shooting could cause night mares for opponents. This would open
up some holes for our guards like Anaya and Gilbert to do their magic. Plus
would put Danielle either uncovered or one on one to do her ususal 3 point
shot. Lets night leave Mik out of the scoring. She can be a tough load to
handle by a post. Like I said a night mare coming to a court near you.
With or without them it could still happen. I just would rather have it
with them. It will also open up space for 1-5 to get a rebound or assist.
God, I am getting excited already.

SEG/Chief

My concern: Who plays D against a talented Big, especially
by Homeboy73  (2019-07-06 20:24:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after Mik gets into foul trouble?

Mik
by hempfield75  (2019-07-07 03:21:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with your concern. But I also don't want her to slack off on her
aggressiveness and toughness. We may have to revert back to our style of
the championship year. Play loose the first half and go at it the second.

...I do not have the answer to that one. You know who ever we play their
game plan will be to go at Mik. They may use 3 or 4 post. But there goal
will be to attack Mik and get her out of the game. This might be MM'S
biggest issue to over come.

SEG/Chief

Sam can play forward on D and guard on O
by Btd  (2019-07-09 11:26:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We don’t have to mirror who plays where on both ends of the floor. We are going to struggle at forward all year due to lack of numbers and experience. We had lack of numbers in our title year but had experience.

We lack the experience required to lay-off teams in the first half and then charge back in the second half. I suspect we will play zone to limit fouls some - but in the end we simply are going to lose to any elite teams with experienced and numbers at forward.

That’s just reality this year. 6-8 losses is to be expected because of this issue and also because at the start we have five players that don’t know each other laying together.

Good Points
by hempfield75  (2019-07-09 15:38:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But where it comes to my team they will always have a chance. We all start
0-0. After the season gets started and see what they can do. Then I will
make my bold prediction. As of today. They can still win the national
championship. Until they prove me otherwise.

SEG/Chief

There isn’t an answer for it next season
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-07-08 21:45:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We don’t have the experience and horses to do it. Better just to buckle up for a bumpy ride and look for progress over the season.