Caitlin Clark pares her list to 3. Iowa, Iowa St., ND *
by coalcracker (2019-08-05 11:06:32)

This user did not provide content for this post

She is leaning ND but
by nd67  (2019-08-05 23:18:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

may decide to be the BIG FISH
in the pond. By the way Bill Fennelly
is an excellent coach and well regarded
in Iowa.

Why do you say she is "leaning" to ND? *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-08-06 09:33:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She hasn’t made a commitment yet
by nd67  (2019-08-06 11:23:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but ND is in the lead but the 2 Iowa schools have pluses also.
If it was a slam duck Caitlin would have made her choice already.
Oregon was never a serious destination. From what I understand she
is ND’s to lose, always has been the favorite but strange things can
happen in recruiting.

Hopefully your source is correct. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-08-06 14:20:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I too hope so *
by nd67  (2019-08-06 18:57:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully the new assistant coach at ND
by CKDexterHaven  (2019-08-05 16:06:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will be someone who is a real draw for guards in recruiting.

Megan Duffy would be amazing
by joeyt28  (2019-08-05 16:16:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But she's not going to move a step down from HC at Marquette.

One name to consider (link)
by CKDexterHaven  (2019-08-05 16:38:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Timing Is Everything....
by dillon77  (2019-08-05 19:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..in that while I agree Coquese Washington would be a good fit as a point guard coach (and possible recruiter), she just took a position as the associate head coach at Oklahoma under Sherri Coale at Oklahoma, who hired Washington after she parted ways at Penn State University.

While the ND job is her alma mater, not so sure timing is right to bail from a program that gave you a pick me up after being fired. And Coale could use some help as well. Perhaps the hire was made with the understanding was made with a clause written in about an ND opening or another head coaching spot, but would have to figure that without those, she'd stay put for at least a year.

Interestedd in who you think would be the best replacement *
by maverick  (2019-08-05 21:33:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She would be terrific! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-08-05 17:30:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

C Washington
by hempfield75  (2019-08-05 17:19:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would be a great choice to coach our guards. I believe she is a strong
recruiter and didn't she coach at ND before taking the job at PSU. Also
bring Mabrey back to learn from CW and MM.

SEG/Chief

Let's hope that she decides this month. History
by MPG  (2019-08-05 14:41:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

has taught me that in tight recruiting battles, the longer the decision process goes, the more favorable it is for the chances of the home state schools. I am concerned about having her brother already at Iowa State. Wasn't Ionescu's brother a walk-on at Oregon?

I wish that Caitlin had said something about the Catholic connection in her comments about ND. Perhaps that will prove to be the "X Factor" in ND's favor! Perhaps the two Iowa schools will cancel each other out. Her Iowa Attack team has had national success beyond what Iowa and ISU have ever achieved.

C'mon Cait, C'mon Cait! *
by Jon  (2019-08-05 14:02:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wait...what...no Oregon?
by RISteve  (2019-08-05 11:44:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Blasphemous

Seriously, some great news. We have a chance!

Story with quotes from Clark
by Orangutan  (2019-08-05 11:41:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Re timeframe for decision - "While she doesn’t have a timeframe set in stone, Clark said she hopes to make a commitment before her senior basketball season — with an outside shot of it happening before school starts later this month."

Re Notre Dame - "They’re more like the blue-blood I’ve got in my group," she said. "And then, obviously, the education is a big deal. They’ve been there before. They’ve proven it, for sure. They won the national championship two years ago. So I think they’re kind of more the powerhouse if I want to go that way, rather than doing something special or doing something that hasn’t been done. (It’d be) going to a school that’s proven themselves, Hall of Fame coach, more that route."

Re playing time - "All three schools plan for her to play right away, Clark said.

"And I think that’s been one of the biggest things for me in the whole recruiting process," she added. "I never wanted to go somewhere and sit down. Obviously, you’re going to have to go and work your butt off just to get playing time — I don't want anything given to me. But you definitely have to look at the roster and see, 'Are there other point guards there? Who do they have in the recruiting class already?'"

Looks like Iowa St. has a good recruiting class. Also her
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-08-05 12:41:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

brother either went there or is still there. May be a member of the football team.

Blake Clark, soph quarterback at ISU. *
by 2Domer  (2019-08-05 13:42:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Open Road to Playing Time Has/Is Always Key..
by dillon77  (2019-08-05 12:01:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...to her. And with Jordan Nixon in Texas A&M and Marta Sniezek on a one-year tour, that opening is w-i-d-e open.

Very good news -- Keep on pushing/cajoling Irish coaching staff!

(Agree with FA. If CC comes to ND, get Maddy W. and call it a year! Go Irish!)

I think ND is more “blue collar” than she may think. *
by 2DOMER  (2019-08-05 11:44:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great news! Think positive thoughts! She would be an
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-08-05 11:29:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

amazing addition to our class! Then Westbeld and we're done.