Story with quotes from Clark
by Orangutan (2019-08-05 11:41:16)

In reply to: Caitlin Clark pares her list to 3. Iowa, Iowa St., ND *  posted by coalcracker

Re timeframe for decision - "While she doesn’t have a timeframe set in stone, Clark said she hopes to make a commitment before her senior basketball season — with an outside shot of it happening before school starts later this month."

Re Notre Dame - "They’re more like the blue-blood I’ve got in my group," she said. "And then, obviously, the education is a big deal. They’ve been there before. They’ve proven it, for sure. They won the national championship two years ago. So I think they’re kind of more the powerhouse if I want to go that way, rather than doing something special or doing something that hasn’t been done. (It’d be) going to a school that’s proven themselves, Hall of Fame coach, more that route."

Re playing time - "All three schools plan for her to play right away, Clark said.

"And I think that’s been one of the biggest things for me in the whole recruiting process," she added. "I never wanted to go somewhere and sit down. Obviously, you’re going to have to go and work your butt off just to get playing time — I don't want anything given to me. But you definitely have to look at the roster and see, 'Are there other point guards there? Who do they have in the recruiting class already?'"