could Ivey's leaving affect Clarks decision?
by WaxonWaxoff (2019-08-05 23:02:07)

afterall, in addition to being the head of recruiting, and asst head coach, she also coached the guards.

not with correct spin
by pablo  (2019-08-06 09:28:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the contrary, I think you point out to Clark the excellent coaching she will receive under MM and her staff no matter who she hires for Niele's replacement. The coaches are so good that the NBA is now calling....it's really a compliment to the quality of coaching at ND.

Could argue because of MM's lobbying and stance
by NDoggie78  (2019-08-06 10:50:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

these opportunities are now available to women - why wouldn't you want to play for such a coach?

While Muffett isn't alone in the struggle, it's pretty easy to connect her statements around Final Four time and one of her coaches actually hired by the NBA (and that's not to take anything away from Niele's accomplishments) but this is how I would sell it at ND

If our roster gets any smaller, will have a personal coach
by NDoggie78  (2019-08-06 09:00:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for each player. I kid (kinda)

nice. *
by ram  (2019-08-06 09:40:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't Really Think So...
by dillon77  (2019-08-05 23:33:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As MPG pointed out in a prior post, Muffet -- herself a former point guard -- still worked with the point guards, although Niele was the lead assistant.
And I've always thought there was a similarity of intent and spirit between MM and Clark which translated to me that CC would get a lot of attention from Coach McGraw. Given what happened now, I expect that to be the case even more....

thanks
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-08-06 00:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

good to hear

No *
by nd67  (2019-08-05 23:25:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post