Who will take Nieles place?
by traditionnevergraduates (2019-08-20 20:43:58)

I can't wait to hear!

Will Probably Hear Soon Enough....
by dillon77  (2019-08-21 09:50:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...after due diligence is completed ("The O'Leary Protocol") which could be any day now.

If I was to take a guess, how about a somewhat less-experienced coach (comapred to Niele, Beth or Carol)? The staff already has two associate head coaches (Beth, Carol) and Beth will probably get a chance to step up, as MPG has pointed out, into the chief pre-game strategist role.

While job descriptions can morph to fil the candidate, the one we saw was for an "assistant coach." Once again, the could be pliable, but it might be best to get a younger person to learn from the others.

I'm betting MM will look for someone with coaching guards and has some recruiting experience and/or capability. If she decides to keep it in the ND family, I think Ashley Barlow, currently of Wright State, would be a fine choice.

While Maddie Cable was a grad assistant, I'm not sure she could jump up to a P5 assistant coach (Could've seen her as a Director of Basketball Operations, but that went elsewhere.).

I've attached a link to a thread below on this from just after Niele's announcement.

BTW, what's your take?

What does 'P5' refer to? *
by Jon  (2019-08-21 11:00:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Power 5 conference level *
by domer79dad09  (2019-08-21 11:02:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your analysis seems right. I'll guess Ashley Barlow. *
by MPG  (2019-08-21 10:35:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who's your guess? *
by SB Jimbo  (2019-08-21 07:10:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have a pretty good guess who it won't be *
by GoIrish!  (2019-08-20 21:36:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A male? *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-08-21 09:12:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Damn XYs. *
by PWK2  (2019-08-21 14:20:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Digger? *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-08-21 10:54:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Davie? *
by drmurray  (2019-08-22 15:40:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post