Any comments on how this year's team is looking? *
by 2Domer (2019-08-22 16:04:49)

This user did not provide content for this post

I think it's going to take awhile to get some traction.
by Jon  (2019-08-23 10:38:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Later in the year I think they'll be better than expected.

I predict a gritty challenge to the ACC crown, and then top out in the sweet 16.

Transfers will provide valuable experience. Peoples will be emergent as a future star. Vaughn and Prohaska will be the heart & fire of the team. With Brunelle as the future overall leader.

Rent a Stick Shift to Follow This Team ....
by dillon77  (2019-08-23 11:00:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...because you'll need to to shift from time to time. That will be needed, when you consider not one starter is returning and there's a bunch of disparate elements to put and tie together.

Will take Patience on all fronts to see what works, does not, what needs to be tweaked or changed, on everything from offensive patterns and plays to defensive sets.

Will hold off on individual takes until I see some exhibitions and early games but I think it's safe to say that Sam is gonna have to work her tail off on both sides of the court and I think Anaya will because it's in her DNA.

Good news. There's talent here. And Muffet is Muffet...we'll get better as the season progresses.

Added concern, maybe
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-08-23 11:31:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder how the loss of a coach and personality like Niele will affect the cohesion and chemistry of the staff and team. Remains to be seen.

I think Muffet is going to have to take a dialed down approach with this team much like she did two years ago due to the injuries.

Agree with the Dial-Down...
by dillon77  (2019-08-23 13:18:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..While MM herself has alluded to the patience, she still has high expectations (as do the players, themselves). But she has to balance some degree of patience and persistence....