Given the Posting, Adding This "MM" Makes A Lot of Sense
by dillon77 (2019-08-24 15:20:00)
Edited on 2019-08-24 16:24:11

In reply to: Makes Sense  posted by hempfield75

The job posting on the U of ND site -- which may have been generic -- was for an assistant coach, not for a director of recruiting or for an associate head coach.

To me -- rightly or wrongly -- MM was not considering someone like Coquese Washington, who is currently an associate head coach at Oklahoma.

Before that post, I'd thought Washington, Ashley Barlow and Michaela were the the three former ND players now in WCBB coaching that made sense. There are other good former ND players who are now coaches, but those three are the ones who coach guards that seemed right for this posting.

I thought Barlow might get the call because she had a few more years on the sideline and has been in charge of recruiting for Wright State for a few seasons. However, as most of you know, I've been a huge fan of the Mabreys for years, so no complaints.

Here's what I wrote a few weeks back following Niele's leaving:

"Michaela Mabrey, Director of Recruiting at LSU.
Strengths: Worked exceedingly well with MM and staff while a player at ND. Known as a coach both on practice floor and during games. Has worked at Miami U., University of Miami and now LSU
- Is from New Jersey, a girls basketball-rich area and is probably very well connected to the Shore scene, the hotbed of NJ women's hoops.
- Young, well-spoken and able to relate to younger players.
- ??? Why did she leave Megan Duffy's staff after just one year? Was she being poached by LSU? Or was it something else? This is something MM probably already knows..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously, that question was answered in an acceptable manner.

Good luck to another MM. If she has any input on ND recruiting, fully expect to see some NJ prospects listed in 2021 and 2022 and see that familiar hair bob in gyms up and down the Garden State Parkway this winter!

p.s.
Chances are that ND fans will see a lot more of Hannah Huffman -- Mike's former roomie, teammate and current accountant in Chicago -- visiting South Bend.

Replies: