First A Anderson article on 2019-20 team. MM quotes too
by RISteve (2019-08-28 10:05:48)
Edited on 2019-08-28 10:06:33

Vaughn most improved so far ( heard that line with DP last year)
Sniezek leading well
Walker still not medically cleared
Gilbert injures shoulder again?

Link, below

MM Comments
by hempfield75  (2019-08-29 03:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really do hope Vaughn is our most improved player. We really need her to
control the post. We also need Danni to be able to give her some quality
minutes to rest.

... I am really excited about our guards. These ladies knew what they were
getting into and what is expected of them. It looks as if they all are
coming ready to give it their all. Excited and can not wait for the first
tip off.

SEG/Chief

I love Vaughn but I don't trust MM's preseason hype on
by Jon  (2019-08-28 11:17:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

players anymore. I remember one year with Kristina Nelson, she went overboard.

Now, Kristina was incredibly valuable and one of the reasons they won a championship, but one year MM made it sound like we have the next Griner on deck. 'Absolutely dominating' I think were her exact words.

Nelson, MM was right on the money
by traditionnevergraduates  (2019-08-29 06:50:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We wouldn't have won the Championship without her on the court!

I think it's just positive reinforcement
by Orangutan  (2019-08-28 11:30:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure Mikayla has made improvements. I don't expect her suddenly morph into an All-America either. Please prove me wrong, Mikki!

I interpret these statements as Muffet's way of letting the player in question know that there hard work has not gone unrecognized.

Hopefully the improvement relates to lower body strength
by NDLAW88  (2019-08-28 12:37:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If MV has worked on her lower body strength, it's likely she'll be better going up for shots and rebounds than she displayed last year. She seems to have good instincts for the ball and runs the floor well so hopefully she'll be a much more confident and assertive player.

Stronger hands, stronger with the ball, too *
by NDoggie78  (2019-08-28 15:27:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND Opens at Fordham on November 5th!
by dillon77  (2019-08-28 10:20:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if this game is at/in the Rose Hill Gymnasium? If so, shades of Digger and his Ram players Charles Yelverton and Kenny Charles (when's the last time you heard those hames?).

If that's the case, I'm going to make an extra effort to get to the game, which is on a Tuesday.

It's been pointed out that Fordham's Rose Hill campus, located in the Bronx, is close for commit Nat Marshall, who lives in Brooklyn and goes to high school in Queens. 2021 prospect Sonia Citron lives and goes to school in Westchester and is no more than a 1/2 hour from Fordham. Even though it's a bit of a haul from Long Island's Suffolk County, I'm sure Danielle Cosgrove friends and family will make the trek over the Throg's Neck or Whitestone Bridges to the Cross-Bronx Expressway.

Woo Hoo!

- Great to be reading Anthony Anderson again.
- The lack of clearance for Destinee Walker bears some watching.
- The shoulder situation with Katlyn Gilbert also bears some watching (and concern).
- Sniezek does not score much, but I remember her being a tenacious defender and keeping Stanford "whole" and focused when she was in the game.
- Good to hear Mik and Danielle are working at it.

Looks to be Rose Hill (link)
by mcgibblets  (2019-08-28 11:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. I'm There. *
by dillon77  (2019-08-28 11:45:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post