Any Leaks on Maddys Visit to UCLA. This is the One
by hempfield75 (2019-08-30 17:16:11)

school that worries me. Good school, good coach, good program and good
location equals heart burn waiting.

SEG/Chief

A few things working in our favor
by cbiebel  (2019-08-31 01:52:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least vs UCLA:

1. A lot closer to her home, so her family and friends can make more games.
2. Much better crowd support.
3. Great family history. Her older sister not only won a NC at ND, but was definitely well loved by the fans. That gives a very positive position to ND.

I Did Not Know UCLA Struggled Putting Fans in the Seats
by hempfield75  (2019-08-31 07:33:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that a big factor for young woman choosing a school? I did think the
other 2 points would be factors our way. Just concerned with how the
coaches will spin all that data to persuade her to go to UCLA. No games
going on right now and she will make a decision before the first game. But
I hope you are right. We need Maddy. I hope she knows that. I am also
banking on the recent attention of Mabrey as the new guard coach. Since
they both know each other through their sisters playing together.

SEG/Chief

Not many fans in the stands
by traditionnevergraduates  (2019-09-02 17:31:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but like many places they will post a number of Tickets given out or sold although those don't attend. It sounds much better than it looks.

Ours is solid!

That is Probably Why MM Does Approach UCLA For A
by hempfield75  (2019-09-02 19:33:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Home and home.

SEG/Chief

Keep in mind that most schools don't come close big crowds
by cbiebel  (2019-08-31 21:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NCAA stats site has attendance figures.

Here are how many fans schools at different spots average:

#10 Purdue 6,515
#20 Middle Tennessee 4,353
#30 Toledo 3,728
#40 Stanford 3,063
#50 Hampton 2,629

The top 7 average over 8,000 a game. #8 Oregon averages 7,148, then you have 3 schools over 6,000. BTW, Oregon was at 4,255 the year before, so they were a big jump.

ND was 6th in home attendance, but was 2nd in overall attendance (behind UConn, who was 4th in home attendance, so both teams increased the draw for their road games).

The top 7 were the same for the last 3 years (South Carolina, Iowa St., Louisville, UConn, Miss. St. ND, and Tennessee). Four years ago, 6 of the 7 were the same, but MSU was out and MSU was in (Miss St. and Michigan St. respectively).

NCAA Attendance figures

I am in Shock
by hempfield75  (2019-09-01 01:31:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those numbers are worse than terrible. If I was the School President I
would have the athletic directors in my office explaining those numbers and
coming up with a plan to fix them. I guarantee you if it was football or
mens basketball they would.

How can schools like MT and Hampton be outdrawing bigger schools. Especially,
since most of your smaller schools have a smaller population to draw from.

Plus the student body needs to put the can of beer down and go support the
women. I did, I even went and watched our womens tennis team play. Then
walked home after the event.

SEG/Chief

Me too. That Stanford is crazy. They should be ashamed. *
by Jon  (2019-09-02 14:37:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, Stanford should be ashamed
by WaxonWaxoff  (2019-09-05 23:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

consistently good teams, most are highly ranked, HOF coach, no reason why their attendance should be this abysmal.

Agree. The South Bend compare and
by Homeboy73  (2019-08-30 20:28:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

contrast to Westwood - Beverly Hills is a tough one, and I like South Bend.

Average home attendance 2,839. Very few care at UCLA. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-08-30 20:40:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems about average
by domer65  (2019-09-08 07:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most women’s basketball teams do not pull in large attendance. ND is fortunate that our women have been adopted by a large contingent of senior citizens from South Bend. Student attendance is very low at most games (probably well under 1000) so without the Senior support our numbers would drop considerably. I would guess that many of the other schools have a higher number of actual students in attendance but I have nothing to base this on.