Campus question for board
by RISteve (2019-09-09 21:34:17)

Quick question
My maiden voyage to South Bend this weekend. Born there, but have not been back for 50+ years. Question is—can I go into Purcell Pavilion on Saturday before the game and check it out—or is the building locked down? How about the new practice facility? Would love to check out a few of the WBB venues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also ND Gameday site has list of events
by NDoggie78  (2019-09-11 09:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scroll down linked page to view list of events for New Mexico game weekend Friday/Saturday/Sunday or use this link for the calendar:

https://gameday.nd.edu/events/calendar/2019-newmexico/

A quick view of campus events on Saturday (besides tailgating):

Game day schedule:
Notre Dame Bagpipe Band Main Building 10:30-11:00
Glee Club Pre-Game Concert - Library 11:30-12:00
Player walk - Library 12:15-12:30
Trumpets under dome 12:30-12:40
Band on Bond Hall steps 1:00-1:30
Drummers Circle at Bond 1:30-1:45
Band marches to stadium 1:45-2:00
Game 2:30

Great info...thanks! *
by RISteve  (2019-09-11 16:16:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go Up The Stairs and Walk Around the Arena...
by dillon77  (2019-09-10 10:55:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...there are pictures galore, from men's and women's basketball (of course), but volleyball and concerts that have taken place inside the arena. Since you have not been there in so many years, these visual "blasts from the past" are worthwhile. (i.e., Elvis really played here?)

Safe travels and have a blast.

Don't forget to Blame (and beat) Davie!

Elvis played my Freshman year, his last tour. I always
by Domerduck  (2019-09-10 11:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

visit the ACC when I went to games, though it has been a while (last one UT). Also fun if you it is open is the hockey arena in addition to all the ND fields for other sports that have been mentioned.

Open House at Compton 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Saturday
by NDoggie78  (2019-09-10 12:20:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If hot (looks like it will be mid 70s), good place to cool off - and clean restrooms

Thanks again for all the suggestions ...Elvis...WOW! *
by RISteve  (2019-09-10 12:15:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If You're Touring Campus, Get To LaFortune Center
by dillon77  (2019-09-11 09:38:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's on the Main ("God") Quad. When you look at the front of the administration building, it's the second one to the right (Washington Hall is in between). It was/is a kind of student union but has a lot of things going on...including some good seats in the lobby that also have a bunch of high-def. televisions. Good place to sit and take it in.

Plus, there's a secondary, mini-bookstore area in one of the alcoves. And in the back are a bunch of mini-places to drink (Starbucks) or eat (Subway).

And a lot of restrooms.

I will check it out! *
by RISteve  (2019-09-11 16:17:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Call the men's & women's basketball offices
by SB Jimbo  (2019-09-10 07:25:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They'll usually tell you what time the teams will scrimmage. In the past these were held in Purcell and generally open to the public. Now that the new practice facility is finished, I don't know what the protocol is.

The Joyce Center should be open and you should be able to
by MPG  (2019-09-09 23:01:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

enter the Purcell Pavilion. The basketball teams have sometimes scrimmaged there on football Saturday mornings. I don't know about public access to the new practice facility. It has been invitation only so far. I think it would be a good idea to open at least a view of the courts to the public on football Saturdays, but I haven't read anything about that.

The volleyball team is on the road for the weekend. Men's soccer will play Clemson on Friday evening and women's soccer will host Iowa on Sunday afternoon.

I hope that you will have a good visit this weekend!

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated *
by RISteve  (2019-09-10 06:08:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post