Ariel Braker Swtiches From Lehigh to Oakland
by dillon77 (2019-09-12 14:36:30)
Edited on 2019-09-12 14:40:33

After spending two years as an assistant coach at Lehigh, Ariel Braker has moved to Oakland University in Michigan, also as an assistant coach.

"It's great to have Ariel Braker back home and her credentials speak for themselves," said Head Coach Jeff Tungate. "She will play a major role in recruiting, developing our post players and implementing our press. Ariel is a winner and a rising star in this profession."

Braker also cited coming home (she went to high school in nearby Grosse Point Woods) as a reason for the move:

"I am excited to get back to my roots returning to Michigan," said Braker. "I grew up playing high school basketball in Michigan and I know there is a lot of talent here. I am ready to hit the ground running and help build a successful program here at Oakland University."

This recent move -- first day was July 1st -- could explain Ariel popping up in ND alum photos recently. A member of the so-called 2014 "trio" (along with K-Mac and Natalie Achonwa), she's been down to Indy when the Las Vegas Aces played the Indiana Fever.

Another former Irish WBB alum working the NCAA coach trail. And a youngish post coach at that...will make note of that a few years down the line...

Makes lots of sense. Lehigh Valley probably not
by Raoul  (2019-09-12 17:45:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ideal place for her to live in her 20's. Oakland is up-and-coming as a university (no idea about women's BB) and well situated in the Detroit area. She knows the metro area well and has a grad degree from Wayne State. As she said, it's home.

Always been a big Ariel Braker fan. Great team player. Braker, McBride and Achonwa was a great senior class.

The Oakland HC really turned over his staff after a terrible year. Three new assistants. But he had a decent record prior. Looks like his worst year ever. Good luck to all.