Re: Vols, Hayes Playing Style
by dillon77 (2019-09-16 11:31:00)
Edited on 2019-09-16 12:06:08

In reply to: Could Olson's HoopGurlz evaluation have anything to do with  posted by sixtythreer

- I highly doubt you'll see any mutual interest between Tennessee and the Hayes family after older sister went to UT, shared time at the point with Evina Westbrook as a frosh, then left -- dismissed? -- as Westbrook was kept being the starter. Hayes is now enrolled at Middle Tennessee and after a year off will begin playing in 2019-20. So, it's not a surprise that MT is on the finalist lists, not the Vols (long history between MT's coaches and the Hayes family).

- Yes, I'm sure the Hoopgurlz write-ups were interesting to MM. While she won a championship with a scoring offense and zone defense, she sure seems to want to get back to her (favored?) tough man-to-man defense and Hayes seems to be the kind of player for that approach.

- Interestingly, she's listed as a combo guard, much like Kelly. Also intestingly, they're both shorter than Caitlin Clark who is listed as a point guard first and foremost. I (still) can't help but think Clark is Option 1 at PG.

Replies: