Louaville transfers ruled eligible for 19-20 season
by RISteve (2019-09-26 21:26:56)

Seems like The NCAA is beginning to show more leniency with these transfers.

This was expected because the Tech coach was fired
by MPG  (2019-09-26 23:03:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the grounds of player abuse.

Here's An Article on It...
by dillon77  (2019-09-27 07:19:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Elizabeth Balogun and Liz Dixon will help immensely. Louisville's greatest losses were at scoring guard (Durr) and center (Fuehring) and that's what these two play. And play well. Kylie Shook can now stay at the high post where she can do some damage.

Wonder what this portends for the petition of Evina Westbrook, who left Tennessee for UConn following the mess of last season and the subsequent departure of Coach Holly Warlick.

BTW, while it's still easier to enter the transfer portal, the NCAA made some modifications that keep the process firmly in the gray area. While they spell out some specifics (moving back home for injuries, illnesses), they've now specified how much they want a letter from the athletic department of the school the person is leaving acknowledging the situation.

In the case of GT, that was almost pro forma, considering that the school fired Coach Joseph on the same grounds. For UConn and Tennessee, it will be intersting to see what goes on there, considering Westbrook was considering leaving even before the coach was fired. And given the two histories of the schools dating back to the Maya Moore recruitment, hmmm.

I expect that Westbrook will be ruled eligible because of
by MPG  (2019-09-27 14:24:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Warlick's departure. Dixon and Balogun would have been a big help to ND in replacing Shepard and Young. It is too bad that ND has to play Louisville twice this year, but moving forward this series is ready to become a major rivalry with two games per year on ESPN. I just hope this doesn't mean that I will have the annual pleasure of having two L'Ville fans sitting behind me shouting for "Kyyyyleee!"

Other aspects may be more important
by SixShutouts66  (2019-09-28 00:22:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd hate to see the NCAA give carte blanche OKs to transfers whenever a coach leaves or is fired. There appears to be a history of a toxic relationship between Westbrook and the Tennessee fan base, partly be she expressed dissatisfaction with the program and partly because she seemed to become the scapegoat for the team's performance problems.

Speaking of Louisville, how did Durr do in the WNBA? *
by drmurray  (2019-09-27 18:32:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post