Injuries and health worry me more than anything, There is
by sixtythreer (2019-09-30 17:19:28)
Edited on 2019-09-30 17:19:59

In reply to: "Four point"?  posted by NDLAW88

talent on this team Sam, for example, was rated as the #1 recruit before she was injured last year.

I really only became a consistent fan of ND wbb when Jewell Loyd came to ND. Since I have watched or listened to every game that has been available. But I don't pretent to have the expertise of many who post on this board.

But here is my impression. A few years back UCONN was almost unbeatable. They are still a great program , but suddenly there are a whole bunch of first-rate programs.

My explanations for that include: (1) there are simply many more really good women players coming out of high school; (2) Many girls, not rated in the top 10 or 20, develope into great players a year or
two later than other; (3) coaching can make a major a difference; (4) There are also great
foreign players coming upon the scene.

Nevertheless, one thing remains constant: players ranked in the Top 15 normally go on to have
great careers (just look at the class of '14, for example). But a quick look at the Class of '14
also shows that there were other players ranked lower who also had great careers: Marina Mabrey (HG24) Stephanie Watts (H21), Sophie Cunningham (HG28), Katie McWilliams (HG39), Teaira McCowan (HG45) ....

I don't think Muffet missed when she recruited Gibert (HG27), Peoples (HG18) , Vaughn and Brunelle (HG6) , or when she grabbed Sniezek (HG38) and Walker (HG17). I need to see more of Cosgrove.

I think this can be a really good team - if they can avoid injury or sickness.
I am looking forward to seeing them ... if Mediacom ever condescends to get ACCN.