Well Put, Hemp. Don't Forget Sonia Citron...
by dillon77 (2019-10-02 09:31:11)

In reply to: How Many Do We Sign for 2020  posted by hempfield75

..whom we've offered already. And Michaela is apparently following Payton Verhulst, Citron and Mile's backcourt partner on the National Team.

Most of the regulars on the Bench know MM likes to have 12 or so on her roster. Regardless of the transfers, I don't think she's going to deviate from that number all that much. Rather address that via recruiting (getting the right people) and retention (staying in touch a lot). Hopefully, Michaeala will help on both fronts, given her relative youth.
Playing time and other factors (MM's coaching style, fit with ND) will still come up but will still come up, but I think she's not going to build a cushion of more players into it to alleviate it....same issues will rise with any top players.

As a guy who follows her recruiting, I think she still goes after the right 5 and then hits hard in 2021.

As a fan, I can't see doubling up on smaller guards (Hayes and Kelly) when she's expressed preference for taller guards in most instances. It's good to have speed to trace players like Carter or Dangerfield, but not across the board, in my opinion. If you're going to do that, why not look at Van Lith? She's around the same height as Hayes and Kelly?

In any case, I think the crux of the matter is still Clark. I believe hings will fall out after her visit. Would love to have Maddy, too, but there are options if she does not come (Brunelle, Campbell, a 2021 prospect).

Replies: