ESPN predicts Clark to ND and Van Lith to Louaville
by RISteve (2019-10-07 13:12:20)
Edited on 2019-10-07 13:14:47

Just a dart throw, but I will still pass it on to fellow Benchers

Link, below:

Hope they're right on Clark, but don't want Van Lith to head
by Domerduck  (2019-10-07 18:56:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

east to Louisville. I'd hate to see her there or Baylor so I hope the PAC12 keeps her on the west coast (Ducks, Bruins, or maybe a late push by the Beavers where I think she would be a good fit). The Ducks already have a point guard along with 2 wings and 2 bigs in their 5 player, 5 star 2020 class (#'s 10, 15, 19, 24, & 33) so UCLA may have more room with no top 100 signees and OSU has 1 wing.

The Ducks also just got a commitment from their 1st 2021 player this last weekend (ESPN #23 Taylor Bigby) who is also a guard so they may be moving on from Van Lith. Only Stanford and UConn have a 2021 commitments out of ESPN's top 50.

That would be so great to close out the class. *
by TWO  (2019-10-07 17:43:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WOW We can only hope
by maverick  (2019-10-07 14:13:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It sure would be nice to hit the "daily double" this weekend and get Clark & Westbeld

While we're wishing for a great weekend ......
by NDoggie78  (2019-10-07 15:16:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's add a whoopin' on USC
Softball win against Purdue
Mens Soccer win against Duke
Volleyball wins over Wake and Duke
Hockey wins over Air Force (2)
Women's Soccer win over UofL

And any others I missed listing

The ND WBB Team Is Very Much Supporting the Football Team
by dillon77  (2019-10-09 18:37:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...given this recent bit on the ND web site!

Cheer cheer!! *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-10-08 09:15:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'LL DRINK TO THAT! *
by maverick  (2019-10-07 18:07:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does that explain why Deja Kelly seems to be biding
by sixtythreer  (2019-10-08 09:39:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

her time? Did she in fact visit last weekend?

Yes, she visited. *
by 2DOMER  (2019-10-08 09:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Visual Proof, Courtesy of Ms. Kelly's Twitter Account
by dillon77  (2019-10-08 10:52:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Note she list #3 of 5, which might be taken as an indication she intends to take all five of her official visits (OV's). The remaining two are Duke and the local (Texas, that is) school, Texas A&M.

That would also allow ND to finish their known OV-hosting schedule, which concludes Oct. 11-13 with Irish verbal commit Alli Campbell, Maddy Westbeld and (knock on wood) Caitlin Clark.

With Alasia Hayes verbally committed, I've got to think that a number of parties associated with guard play at ND are awaiting what happens with Ms. Clark.

BTW, interesting coincidence of sorts at Texas A&M: if Deja Kelly goes there in Fall 2020, she'll be one of the backcourt mates of one Jordan Nixon, who is sitting out a year this eyar after transferring to College Station.

Stay tuned.

Her account avatar pic, looks like she's already in green :) *
by Jon  (2019-10-08 15:13:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, Indeed. One Other Thing....
by dillon77  (2019-10-08 15:28:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you scroll down a bit, you'll see her mother retweeted that and put in some shamrocks and some hands folded in prayer. Good vibes?

On the other hand, I see her response to Deja's visit to North Carolina has two blue tar heels and a blue heart.

So, we've got a proud mom here! Natch!

Stay tuned....

If we get Clark
by irishdds  (2019-10-08 16:56:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope we pass on Kelly. I have been vocal that by taking Hayes we should pass on Kelly for the sake of 2021 numbers. Just me.

I Hear You. And There are Other Numbers I'm Also Considering
by dillon77  (2019-10-09 09:58:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and that's the respective heights of Hayes (5'7") and Kelly (5'8").

If the Irish continue to recruit and play with, in effect, one tall post, one forward and several guards, I think overall team height and size needs to be taken into account. Having one smaller, faster player can be beneficial, but two concerns me when taken as a part of the whole.

(I'm aware that Arike was 5'8", but she is solidly built, played bigger than her size and was alonside 5'11" Marina and 6'0" Jackie. Not to mention she had Jess Shepard, Bri Turner and Koko Nelson in the paint.)

If we get Clark, I think this is a mute point. If we don't, even then I'd wonder where a 5'10" Kapinus fits into the mix. And next year, there's 5'11" Olivia Miles as a prospective PG, along with 5'7" PG Ari Wiggins (there's that height again). And 6'0" Sonia Citro, the off guard who has an offer from ND.

That said, Kelly is a very highly ranked guard with whom there has been a mutual interest since she first appeared at a game on an unofficial visit.
I've got think there is a some method to the madness, whether it's as absolute value and/or giving MM and her staff options.

As usual, stay tuned....

I agree with OP RI Steve
by ndpaul  (2019-10-08 17:12:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ESPN article appears to be throwing darts/pure speculation - just reading the rationale for each player's placement.

I guess it's better than the other way though.

Proof in the pudding will be the ONV this weekend...
by RISteve  (2019-10-08 18:29:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if she shows, I think/hope she will like what she sees. The campus should be jumping with the rivalry game. Fingers and toes crossed